Peace seen packing office in Saskatoon.

Peace

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan -- The long serving Saskatoon Wild GM - Rylan Peace - was seen packing his belongings this morning after retroactively being dismissed from his VHLM duties after being announced as the newest general manager of the Victory Hockey League's Toronto Legion a week prior. Yes, that is correct, Rylan Peace technically held the job of both a VHL GM and VHLM GM for a pay period, but it was an exception to the early resigning of Ryan Power while the Saskatoon Wild were still in the playoffs. 

"It's a wholesome moment for me, I think." Peace said in an exit interview with the Fan 590. "I spent a lot of seasons behind that office desk, staring at analytics, answering phone calls and looking for ways to improve the team as a whole; a warm memory, for sure, one that I'll look back on fondly in the years to come. I'm excited though, I'm moving onto a team in the 'big leagues' and looking forward to it. I remember a day where I said 'Hey, I'm not really interested in becoming a VHL GM', and that 'I enjoyed the speed and constantly changing environments of the minor system', but I think after serving as a VHLM GM for as long as I did... I'm kinda looking forward to more stable grounds to stand on, you know?" 

Rylan Peace concluded his career with the Saskatoon Wild by lifting the Founders Cup over his head alongside the best VHLM team in recorded indexed history. The Saskatoon Wild were beyond dominant, they were simply over powered, and unfortunately took a few losses near the end of the season that kept them from earning the best record in VHL history, or at least tying it. It was an extremely exciting season for Saskatoon players and management, and it was well worth the effort (we reckon) for everyone involved. 

Peace's career with the Saskatoon Wild is crowned by winning the Founders Cup in Season 63 as the interim GM (formerly an acting GM for the length of the season), followed by his second in Season 69. He came close in Season 66, loosing to a similarly matched Philadelphia Reapers team in the second round in five games, who went on to face an even weaker team in the finals. Rylan Peace's tactical was generally 'all-in' every three seasons, while taking time to rebuild assets between. Season 63, Season 66 and Season 69 were his most competitive seasons. It should be mentioned that Peace served as the acting general manager to the Saskatoon Wild, and didn't draft for the team, but did conduct the management aspects that improved it to a cup winner. 

He held one last press conference in the rink that had been his second home for seasons.

"Today I step away from the VHLM, but another takes my place." Peace announced in a press conference hosted in Saskatoon's TelSask arena, home of the Saskatoon Wild, with the Founders Cup on a pedestal behind him. "While I move into a management position in the Victory Hockey League, I also have the honor today in announcing my successor as general manager of this hockey club. It's honestly a great pleasure to announce Saskatoon's AGM as the new general manager of the Wild. Elmebeck is a fantastic person, and he'll make an excellent general manager, and I'm excited to see the direction he takes Saskatoon." 

Peace admitted on Twitter later that day that he feels bad for leaving his former AGM with nearly no picks - save for the later picks in the upcoming and future drafts - and vowed to assist him when able, even if it meant flying back to Saskatoon to give a pep rally for quality free agents.