Toronto picks in first round since S63.

Peace

TORONTO, CANADA -- The Toronto Legion have finally made a first round selection since they picked Tzuyu with their fifth overall pick in Season 63, their only first round selection under GM Ryan Power during his tenure with the Legion. Newly minted general manager Rylan Peace made some trades after assuming the office and wound up acquiring the tenth overall pick from the Vancouver Wolves in exchange - ironically - for longtime Legion defender Tzuyu. It was only fitting that the player selected in the first round so long ago be traded to a team for a pick in the first round in order for the Legion to select a player who became the first pick in forever... confusing? 

The Toronto Legion drafted Justin Graves tenth overall in the Season 70 VHL Entry Draft.

"I'm excited," GM Peace informed Fan 590. "I wanted to trade up to eight overall to pick him early, as I was certain Helsinki had done the research, and while the ended up picking a player I wanted in Spaz my top pick was still on the board. I tried to get the eighth pick so I could draft Graves there, and since Davos was being best-pick-available by the league, I knew Spaz would have been there at tenth overall as well. It didn't work out like that, but I got my guy where I had him on my draft board. He was going to be the first pick Toronto made regardless of whether we picked at eight or ten." 

Justin Graves entered the VHLM 'late' into the Season 70 draft class, and if he had joined a week later, he would have been one of the strongest prospects for the Season 71 class instead. His constant development has been impressive, and he'll be a core piece to Toronto's forward group by the time they enter their window of competition from the rebuild. 

Welcome to Toronto, Graves!

@JDGraves