Start of a Career

Spaz

I had many calls throughout the week from my agent telling me that I should expect to go early second, late first and not to be worried if I got picked up in the second, but I wasn't I think he was more worried about it than I was, I was more excited to get back on the ice and play the game. I would end up cleaning out my locker in Yukon, and head to Pittsburgh to visit my father to spend time with him before the draft. It was Saturday night I would get a call from my agent, and he would inform me that there was a rumor that I could be heading first round to Toronto he also told me New York, and Helsinki were also showing interest but he wasn't sure what round they would take me. It was the next day and I would wake up and treat it like any other day, but it wasn't it would be the biggest day of my career, draft day. It hit about 7:00 and turned on the TV to watch the draft. I decided not to go so I could be with my family and watch it. I would watch the first 7 people be drafted sitting calmly, and waiting for my name to be spoken. As Helinski was up next I would get a phone call from General Manager Jubo07 asking how would I like to be a Titan, I would reply with I would be very grateful, and proceed to hang up. I sat around shocked as my father called my mother up to let her know. About five minutes later I got a call from my manager congratulating me, and telling me how much he couldn't believe that I just went 8th pick. He would also inform me that I could possibly go 8th or earlier in the vhlm draft since, a few of the players in the VHL draft weren't eligible to play in the VHLM. After I got off the phone with him I turned on the draft, and  I missed the first 4 but it would eventually get to pick 8. That's when my phone rang again, and this time it was GM DMaximus welcoming me to the Reapers, which would mean I would be playing close to home, and I couldn't believe it. I would like to thank the Titans and Reapers for this amazing opportunity, and I will give my 110 percent each game.

Edited by Spaz