Ritchie celebrates VHL call-up

DangerGolding

The DC Dragons recently called up their S68 61st pick who has been stashed away in San Diego for a couple of season. Ritchie has made a bit of a name of himself in his two seasons in the minor league, with 45 goals and 40 assists in season S68 and then 41 and 35 goals in season 69. This form clearly was enough to impress the Dragons GM who, after the post season, gave the go ahead to bring Ritchie over to the capital.

Our reporters found time to grab a quick interview with the DC's most recent call up to the major league as he arrived to the Dragons training arena.

Hi Raleigh, what was your initial reaction to the call from DC?

Well it was a big shock initially, I knew I'd been doing pretty well in the minors and showing some good growth but it was still a surprise to get that actual confirmation that I'd be playing in the VHL next season. The GM said some really nice things about my play in the playoffs and I really look forward to getting to know the guys around the team more now that I'll be here full time.

What will your role be in DC?

Well it looks like I'll be on the second lines this season which suits me well, I get time to adapt to the faster pace of the VHL without being chucked in at the deep end and I'll get to learn a lot behind some of the best wings in the game in Aaltonen and Frostbeard. Hopefully I'll get chance to pop some goals in and being paired with some great playmakers again will be nice as last season that was something that the Marlins were somewhat lacking in.

Thanks Raleigh, Good luck on your first season.

Thanks guys.

Edited by DangerGolding