WSJ, Prague Strong Start

Cornholio

Prague Phantoms, in their third year of existence, has gotten off to a strong start this year. They’re currently tied for third in the overall standings through the first 11 games. Third year defenseman Wolf Stansson, Jr. Has also found himself off to a good start as well, averaging a point per game so far. 

“We were not kidding when we were going to hold ourselves to a higher standard of play this year. Mostly everybody’s been here together the last two years, so the chemistry is there. The talent got a nice boost with some offseason pickups so there’s that. Exactly what we needed in order to make that jump from the back of the pack to near the front. 

It is kinda weird not playing out there with the first liners as I’ve done so the last two years. But we trust our coach to make the best personnel decision for the team and they want the best defensive D-man out there, which is Cinnamon Block and Seabass Perrin. That’s okay - I think that this could be better for me because when I get on the ice, I bring an offensive boost while maintaining our defensive strengths.

Sometimes it just takes a little shakeup to maximize our strengths and chemistry with each other. This could be the beginning of a very special season for Prague.”

I kept you two together, your builds kind of mesh. Block I'm trying out with Vigneault right now, but that might become Perry in a bit, if we hit a slump and need to change something around. Might also change the order around and bump you guys to 1 for a bit, and drop Block Plus to 2. Either way it's nice to have a lot of viable options - we might have one of the best defenses in the league actually. Offense, well, it's enough to be where we are but if there's an area to improve that's likely it.