Etching the Continental/Founder's Cup

Doomsday

In my opinion, one of the greatest traditions of the NHL is that every single member of the Stanley Cup winning team has their name etched onto the Cup. Not just the star players, captains... everyone. Every single player, coach, executive... they are all immortalized on the greatest trophy in sports. 

While doing research for recent projects, I made the unfortunate (although known before the others who are not me) discovery that our indexes prior to Season 20 are lost. That means that if I wish to write about any team prior to that, I may have difficulties writing about every single member of those teams... which means the names of some players who have lifted the Continental Cup could be forgotten. In my opinion, that is not ok. 

As it stands now, our Hall of Fame does a tremendous job commemorating the great players of the VHL. Obviously, not every member and player gets to be a Hall of Famer. That's part of what makes being inducted there such an honorable and prestigious achievement. But for those members who maybe won't be Hall of Famers, I think it would be special for them to be able to visit the Hall of Fame and see their names listed with the Continental Cup. On top of preserving every member and player's place in VHL history, it also makes the Hall of Fame a little more accessible to the league membership, in my opinion. 

I am not entirely sure how we could incorporate this on the league portal, but I know we've got some bright minds in this league. Is this something feasible or worth doing?

Sorry if you know this but for just looking at the names of the players https://vhlportal.com/hof/cupwinners/vhl?page=6

If you hover over the graphic it does a little woosh spin and shows the names.  I am assuming that is all the names for that team but of course I have no idea.

I am primarily using mobile, so that's something I had absolutely no idea about! I'll need to check it out on a desktop, sounds like it might already be there and I just had no clue because of my platform!

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

I am primarily using mobile, so that's something I had absolutely no idea about! I'll need to check it out on a desktop, sounds like it might already be there and I just had no clue because of my platform!

If you tap it on mobile it'll do the same.

No that's a lie, for some reason you can't see that view on mobile.

6 minutes ago, Victor said:

If you tap it on mobile it'll do the same.

No that's a lie, for some reason you can't see that view on mobile.

My ignorance is immediately justified, thanks love.