Grumpy old guy shit

Steve

Well Seattle seems to be back on the winning side of the sims. With a lot of work by the GM staff, we are making our way to the top. I can see this going until the end of the season. That is the good news.

Winning as a team is a goal that every player should strive for. Being a winner as a player is what every player should also strive for. When only one of those goals happens, it isn't as satisfying as it could be. While we are winning, my player is suffering yet another down slide in all stats. Why is this? When a person can work hard and max four skills only to get worse. Apparently this is totally normal and is expected as I have heard over and over, “Not everyone will be a Super Star”. I find that to be hilarious. Why on earth would anyone want to max skills and get worse? So there is some RNG that picks certain players to be “Super Stars”? My feelings are and will always be that this sim engine does not like skills over 95 or there are ways to make “some” players play good and stifle  others. I really don't think there is anything nefarious happening here so I tend to believe the sim engine is just a piece of shit that has been used for so long, nobody can part with it without major changes to the league. Shame really. This league has everything in it I like doing. Fun tasks to earn tpe each week. Discord to stay in touch with your team. Scoreboards to watch. All the elements that should make for a good return for a good effort. Well that is total  horse shit. To max each week and be successful are two different things. Apparently if your player is lucky, he/she will play very good for their entire career. What kind of RNG is that? I got one season that wasn't bad. I started maxing skills and it went in the wrong way.

Enough ranting as it is just beating a dead horse. Best of luck to this league. It has been a pleasure to meet so many good people.

Long enough to claim for  2 weeks

2/16

Edited by Steve

On 2/8/2020 at 3:51 PM, Steve said:

Well Seattle seems to be back on the winning side of the sims. With a lot of work by the GM staff, we are making our way to the top. I can see this going until the end of the season. That is the good news.

Winning as a team is a goal that every player should strive for. Being a winner as a player is what every player should also strive for. When only one of those goals happens, it isn't as satisfying as it could be. While we are winning, my player is suffering yet another down slide in all stats. Why is this? When a person can work hard and max four skills only to get worse. Apparently this is totally normal and is expected as I have heard over and over, “Not everyone will be a Super Star”. I find that to be hilarious. Why on earth would anyone want to max skills and get worse? So there is some RNG that picks certain players to be “Super Stars”? My feelings are and will always be that this sim engine does not like skills over 95 or there are ways to make “some” players play good and stifle  others. I really don't think there is anything nefarious happening here so I tend to believe the sim engine is just a piece of shit that has been used for so long, nobody can part with it without major changes to the league. Shame really. This league has everything in it I like doing. Fun tasks to earn tpe each week. Discord to stay in touch with your team. Scoreboards to watch. All the elements that should make for a good return for a good effort. Well that is total  horse shit. To max each week and be successful are two different things. Apparently if your player is lucky, he/she will play very good for their entire career. What kind of RNG is that? I got one season that wasn't bad. I started maxing skills and it went in the wrong way.

Enough ranting as it is just beating a dead horse. Best of luck to this league. It has been a pleasure to meet so many good people.

2/16

• Commissioner
On 2/8/2020 at 6:51 PM, Steve said:

2/16

VHL.com articles can’t be claimed for multiple weeks, than MS’ and podcasts only.