Hextall-WJC 2nd place finish

ROOKIE745

Hextall watched on from the Minnesota Storm bench, his heart pounding as the gold medal game against the USA was in double overtime. Jacques Lafontaine was in net for team Canada had was facing a unreal amount of shots, team Canada just didn't didn't have the offensive power to match team USA. Both teams knew what was on the line and both goalies were standing their head but Lafontaine was the one facing more shots, all Hextall good do was hope for a lucky break for his team. During the intermissions Hextall would chat with Lafontaine, they reflected a lot on the Season 69 playoffs and the battle between their 2 teams. Hextall knew Lafontaine was good under pressure but this was a different kind of pressure, there's only 1 game, you can't afford any losses and there would be no "next time" for Lafontaine or even Hextall as they would no longer meet the requirements next season. As the clock ticked down team USA would finally score on shot number 51 to win the gold medal. It was no doubt heartbreaking for team Canada and Hextall went onto the ice over to his goalie teammate and gave him a pat on the back and congratulated him on his play despite the loss. The rest of the bench of course went over to Lafontaine to thank him for all he did. Hextall stood on the ice looking at the crowd and watching the USA players celebrate, eventually he was called over to receive his silver medal and the team photo. The result may have not been what the team wanted but Hextall was still happy to be there, it was a once in a lifetime chance and will be forever greatful he got the chance to play for Team Canada.

(word count 300)

5 hours ago, Doomsday said:

I believe you can return to the WJC as a VHL rookie, only you'll be capped at 350 TPE. I believe you'll be the main man in net for next season's Canadian juniors. 

@ROOKIE745 when you do return, do what I couldn't do and bring home the gold ?

9 hours ago, Doomsday said:

I believe you can return to the WJC as a VHL rookie, only you'll be capped at 350 TPE. I believe you'll be the main man in net for next season's Canadian juniors. 

That would be pretty awesome, I hope that's the case! I thought you had to be under 350 by the time they choose the teams.