Rayz "HoF" Funk

Banackock

I know what you're thinking. Oh great, another Hall of Fame post about Rayz Funk. Can the Seattle Bears get any more original? Hmm, maybe you're right but I don't think we're wrong either. How do you not pick Rayz Funk? He's been the best Bears during this current run and era and has easily made a name for himself in this league as a top goalie that is able to shine - dine and carry his team to victory. Of course, being the Bears GM, I knew absolutely what I was doing when I muscled my way into taking Rayz Funk during that epic draft for the Bears. Was it easy? Fuck no. It was a lot of bullshit. A lot of McDonalds grease if you know what I mean. But we did it and then he became a Bear and overtime, he became a Bears legend. I think at the end of the day, it's going to extend much greater than the Bears though. I think Rayz could potentially go down as one of the best goalies of all time. So, for probably another 250 words, let's blab about why I think that.

1. The man has 2 cups. 

Cups aren't everything. I'm sure there's tons of players in the Hall of Fame who got FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY to bits because they had no cup but that didn't top them from getting in. A cup is more of a team award than an individual one and players like Holik are knocking on the door of the Hall of Fame. Like I said, probably tons in there that don't have cups but still made it. Is this a thing for @Victor to come up with? Would somewhat be neat maybe? If you ever need something to do in the next 70 seasons of VHL, this wouldn't hurt. Now, back to the cups. Rayz having or not having cups wouldn't be the worst thing, but having 2 cups definitely helps his case going into the discussions of entering the HoF. Especially considering he was one of the biggest reasons they won them.

2. Playoff MVP... x2

Yeah. Like I said, mates. He was likely the biggest reason we won the cups. Of course, there's me. Bana, aka, Blake Campbell. I did build this team, but his efforts were good enough for 2 Playoff MVP awards and that speaks massive volumes considering he's 2/2 for on his cup runs. The fact that he has 2 playoff MVP's AND 2 cups, for me, this is almost a show in for making the HoF. You can't say it's luck. The man is consistent. He's consistently the playoff MVP. The reason his team is having so much success. Again, the 2 cups help but winning 2 playoff MVP's... AND back to back... OH LORD... Should we just induct him right now? Seriously.

3. His record

This isn't a massive thing for me. Of course, wins are huge and all the other stats. You want to be good, but he is good. My point mostly, I don't think his regular season stats make him seem as good as what he actually is. The Bears have been rocky at some points, especially this season. His Wins-loss records are always good, but I wouldn't quite say AMAZING. He's never hit the 40 win plateau in his career yet. Key word in that little part was "yet". His total record is 139-97-23. I mean, to me that doesn't scream epic, amazing, all-star goalie that saves the day. Also depends not team but his talent, worth and importance to the Bears goes much further than a seemingly mediocre record when you're just looking at that stuff. He even dropped off this season once again for GAA and Shut Outs. I think this, if any at the moment, would be the key reason he wouldn't be a first ballot member. I just don't know how it would match up against 2 cups and 2 playoff MVP's.

DA BEARZ

666 words

THEMME WEEK

+6 uncapped YO