Uhtred goes 9th overall to the Seattle Bears

leafsman

Uhtred was selected ninth overall by the Seattle bears in in the season 71 VHL draft.  He was drafted 2 picks earlier than the season before where he went 11th overall in the VHLM draft.    Looking at the bears current roster prior to the free agency signing period Uhtred appears to be slotted into the second line.  Uhtred is currently has the fourth most TPE on the wing for the bears and such is projected as a second line player at this moment.   We caught up with Uhtred to get his thoughts on the becoming a bear as well as the upcoming season. 

I'm extremely excited about being drafted by the bears and can't wait until the season begins next week.  We have some great players on this team and I can't wait to hit the ice with them. I've been working hard on my skating ability  this offseason as I know I will need to be a better skater to be able to keep up on the VHL. I know there will be a big difference in the speed of the game at this level and I'm just tyring to prepare for that.   I had a great season last year in the VHLM and that should give me a confidence boost for my rookie season. I just want to help my new team win some games with whatever role they want me to play.