GM 326: HC Davos Dynamo vs. Riga Reign

VHL Games

fuck this broken ass makes no sense since whatever year they launched ass ''hey let's just give a shutout win to a last place rebuilding team just cause parity yah yah yah'' so called smartass ''hey this team traded for better forwards let's just screw them'' trash ass so called sim engine

if an inactive 550 TPE center appeared to be a better option than an active one who has like 400 TPE more (although perhaps too high checking) then this shitty booty crooked abomination just can go fuck itself. I didn't know trading for two high powered forwards is gonna lower our scoring, congratulations you did it you piece of useless shit sths

17 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

fuck this broken ass makes no sense since whatever year they launched ass ''hey let's just give a shutout win to a last place rebuilding team just cause parity yah yah yah'' so called smartass ''hey this team traded for better forwards let's just screw them'' trash ass so called sim engine

if an inactive 550 TPE center appeared to be a better option than an active one who has like 400 TPE more (although perhaps too high checking) then this shitty booty crooked abomination just can go fuck itself. I didn't know trading for two high powered forwards is gonna lower our scoring, congratulations you did it you piece of useless shit sths

No bullshit, I refuse to believe that there isn't some higher level thinking behind the STHS engine that Simon hasn't revealed. Sure narratives would organically form especially the longer seasons you go and the more numbers you put at it, but even look at this game more closely. RIGA the clearly better team by a country mile and has an improved offense. Yet it was almost as if it was one of those NHL games where the better team on paper takes a period off and then gets into gear, underestimating their opponent, as DAV dominated RIG on the shot totals in the first despite not scoring. Then as Riga wakes up and takes over the game suddenly Davos scores and seals it while being outplayed. Like? It's supposed to be a numbers game, yet it's very clearly imitating the type of narrative and overall pysche shifts that exist in actual hockey. Without any in sim evidence to back that up. It's just so hard to believe there isn't more at play than what STHS tells us is happening. 

I think it was Fong who was theorizing that STHS picks scorers and overall game narrative out of hat of possible options each sim. It would certainly explain why our parity lacks any consistency. I wouldn't be stunned if STHS has a catalog of typical hockey style game scenarios and those get randomly picked based on what is most likely. The closer teams get the more scenarios it can choose from. And as for scenarios I mean things like a dirty defensive game where the third liners when a close battle, or a goalie gets a shutout and dominates, or the top line carries the load and dominates. Or even in this instance "better team comes in cocky". Because I feel like I've seen versions of every odd STHS sim at some point throughout NHL history. Really the only consistency in general across teams for us is shot totals, but STHS can build whatever game scenario it wants with those.