Lafontaine Update

CALGARY - Jacques Lafontaine has finished the season and is now in the playoffs. As of writing this, the Vancouver Wolves are up on the Calgary Wranglers with 3 games to 2. It was 3-1 but today the Wranglers were able to keep their playoff hopes alive with a 4-2 win at home. It seemed like it would be an easy win for the Wranglers as they had won every regular season game against the Wolves but the team from Vancouver has proven to be a formidable opponent.

"Yeah, they are a strong team and Finn Davison has been great for them. But I know we can get through them. We have a good group of guys here and we'll be able to find a way to break through. My teammates are very capable and strong players and I know they will play well. I just need to be better myself. I had a mediocre regular season but it's time for me to strut my stuff and show everybody what I'm made of."

Jacques Lafontaine had a decent season with 40 wins, a save percentage of 0.910, and a goals against average of 2.64. This was his first season as a starter and he is showing improvement from last season. He has also shown growth in his game.

"Eh, I'm just trying to get better. Like I've said before, I was not brought in to be a superstar goalie. All I wanted was to be solid. That is what I have been so far. I'll work hard to reach new levels but for now, I must focus on being solid next game. I mean, what else am I supposed to do?"

The young netminder has shown progress through his career but he does not seem content with it.

"I played good but not good enough this season. Thankfully, I have a chance in these playoffs to make up for that. As a goalie, it's my job to stop the damn puck. So I'm going to make sure I stop that dirty little bastard."

People ask him about Jaxx Hextall and the Rookie of the Year race. His response?

"Oh. Yeah, Jaxx had a good season. Great guy, phenomenal goalie. Can't wait to face him next year. Killinger has also been good for his team too. I honestly don't give a fuck if I win the ROTY award or not. The only award I care about is the Continental Cup. Individual awards are nice but none of them can beat lifting the cup."

Jacques Lafontaine has also stopped his weird eating ritual on top of the Saddledome for this. 

"Yeah, I'm a superstitious guy. I think I'm going to bring out the old white turned black helmet from Saskatoon just for this. Might even bring back the heinous green and red pads from Saskatoon. I'm also going to have to work hard to get better at my game. It's time for me to work harder than ever before."

We'll see if it pays off in Game 6.

"Wait, did I forget about Davis? God dammit, I always forget about Davis. He's a pretty good rookie too."

Edited by SlapshotDragon