S71 Cup Final

Matt_O

This upcoming cup final is between Moscow and Seattle, two of the top teams in the latter half of the S60s and early S70s. This finals matchup is definitely not going to make longtime Nighthawk players happy, as the Malmo vs Seattle rivalry was pretty real in S68, and the Moscow vs Malmo was kinda real in S66 and S67.  The Bears and the Nighthawks were the two best up and coming teams heading into S68, and their was fierce debate between who would be better. Malmo was better (during the regular season). The Bears undoubtedly benefited from an easy North American Conference that year, as they surprised everyone by finishing in first place. They cruised to the finals to meet Malmo, their rivals. And then they spanked Malmo, which definitely surprised me, but I was on Malmo so I guess of course I was surprised. However, I think everyone can agree that a four game sweep was not expected. Seattle would ride their momentum to back to back cups, while Malmo would never reach that height again. Seattle looks to continue their dominance over the last few seasons, while Moscow looks to stop them, and leave their stamp on the last few years.