Timothy Brown - Season Review

a_Ferk

The First 20 Games

It was throughout the first 20 games of my season that a meme was created in the Saskatoon locker room, the meme being that Brown was not capable of scoring a goal. In game 3 he recorded an assist, but didn’t record his first goal until game 20 of the regular season. Brown was moved to the first line in an attempt to get him his first goal, and when he was moved back to the third line teammate @Boragina famously said, “Please don’t put me back with the curse Timothy Brown”. 

The curse was also the inspiration for this meme I made:

kI0bfNlJcupSKmTIP6UXHdl24u7nPs27ONyR0uPTLkgcOHqxuALQEDMoiDH932_OiPSsmdEkTZ3XLADviy6vnbPmSowWiwKdn4z3f9ilue8IfKAXsMb1gYQ2xpSAwyDfGw32J2Q2

The Next 52 Games

The rest of the season was very productive, with Brown putting up 20 goals and 18 assists for a total of 40 points on the season, while playing the majority of the season on the third line. The only Saskatoon rookie with more points was Jay Jones, the second line center for most of the season. It was during this part of the season that Brown became a player that was actually capable of putting up points.

Special Teams

It appears that Brown shined on special teams this season, as almost half of his total goals were on special teams. In fact, his first goal of the season was a shorthanded goal against Philadelphia. With 8 powerplay goals and the lone shorthanded goal, 9 out of his 21 goals were not recorded at even strength for Brown.

Hitting and +/-

Almost nobody on Saskatoon had anything added to their checking stats. Brown’s checking was 60, so this is why he had 144 hits on the year, good for third on the team. +/- left something to be desired, however, as it was -8. I suspect this had something to do with the high number of special teams minutes Brown had this year.

The Playoffs

Brown had a pretty good playoffs, with a goal and 4 assists in the 6 games played against second place Yukon. He was a major force on the Wild’s offense with a total of 20 shots and 13 hits. Saskatoon gave the Yukon Rush a pretty good run, winning games three and four but ultimately failing to win the series. This proved to be the biggest series the Rush had to face en route to the finals on the other hand, since Vegas only managed to beat them once.

The Offseason

The offseason will be an exciting one for Timothy Brown for sure, as he has his first draft to look forward to. After all of my updates for this week go through, Brown should have the second highest TPE for any player eligible for the VHLM draft. I have him projected to go 2nd or 3rd, but it’s been pointed out to me that he could drop due to the high need for goalies and defensemen this draft. Meanwhile, Brown is being double drafted. He should be drafted somewhere in the early second round of the VHL draft as well. I’m hoping that he gets drafted to a rebuilder, so he would be able to grow with the team as they improve in the coming seasons.

530 words, using for week ending May 10

Edited by a_Ferk

time for me to attempt my 2nd review

To start off everything is nicely split up which always makes it easier to read and I like that you went in order, basically from the start of the season where you got your first assist in game 2 but no goals until game 20 and than the follow up of the next 52 games, noting his special team play along with hitting and plus/minus before moving into playoffs and offseason, I appreciate the order of it all. I have to admit the meme did get a laugh out of me and gives you an idea of how the locker room was during the past season, but to get back on task you provide us with the details of his play and noting how much of his goals didn't come at even strength was interesting. Reading through this if there's anything that feels like it's missing is a bit of perspective from you, while you provide a bit of it in the final section I would have enjoyed some more of that from the previous sections especially for the meme post and the quote from Boragina. This wasn't in character so that's why I think you adding your prospective would have provided a bit more for this post, overall still really good, I give it an 8/10.