McPine's WJC Canadian review

It is a thrill and an honour to once again be donning the maple leaf for this season's world junior tournament. It is extra exciting to be out there with 3 of my Minnesota Storm teammates Squirrely Dan, Joe Exotic, and Liam Flaten. I am looking forward to bringing our magic from the VHLM regular season to the world stage. As well, I'd like to thank @bigAL for selecting me. I hope I can live up to my top goaltender status from season 71's tournament, and this time help bring home the gold. I'd also like to congratulate my teammates Michael Hall for making team World, and Mickey Dickson for making team USA. I can't wait to beat you both.

This team is strong from the ground up with 2 of the top 3 goalies in the VHLM, myself (30-5-1), and Jacob Tonn (23-12-1) from the Mississauga Hounds. With save percentages of 0.902 and 0.899 respectively, we will be a tough duo for the other countries to put pucks in the net and I look forward to sharing the crease with him.

Our d-core boasts 3 of the top 5 point getters among defensemen, and consists of Flaten (20G 40A), Tonn's Hounds teammate Bo Burrows (10G 19A), Tyler Walker of the Saskatoon Wild (12G 50A), and Alex Letang from the Las Vegas Aces (9G 50A) are rocking a combined +138 for the season. That, along with their combined 210 points, will be a huge help in bringing home the gold and are the backbone of the team.

Our forwards are bolstered by 2 VHLers, Andrew Su, who plays for The Vancouver Wolves and has 4 goals and 3 assists , and rookie scoring leader and 1st overall draft pick SS Hornet, who has 12 goals and 13 assists for 25 points with the HC Davos Dynamo. Their experience in the big league will be invaluable for this tournament. They are joined by 3 more Hounds players, Joseph Gainer (19G 20A), Michael Mac (25G 52A), and JaredN (25G 43A). Dan (19G 35A), Exotic (22G 24A), Remy Moreau from the Aces (10G 12A), and Timothy Brown in Saskatoon (30G 28A) round out the forward group.

The leadership, experience, and firepower of the skaters on this team give us a clear shot at the gold, and the top notch 1-2 punch in the crease should put us over the edge. But as we all know, anything can happen in these tournaments.

Our first test is against a talented team Europe, who are eager to defend their gold medal win from last season's tournament. Will we get a high scoring affair? Or a goalie battle? Or will one team completely overwhelm the other and blow them out of the water? Only time will tell, but one thing is for sure, it'll be an exciting beginning to yet another tournament of the league's young stars.

Go Canada Go! Let's go get'em boys, and bring back the gold medal that our Country has been waiting for for since season 64.

Woody

Word count: 505

woody mcpine.jpg

13 hours ago, HearnNation67 said:

Andrew Su, who plays for The Vancouver Wolves and has 4 goals and 3 assists

God my statline this season is atrocious ?