Team Canada GM Addresses the Media Following Day 3

bigAL

And we go live to the WJC where Team Canada GM bigAL is addressing the media:

“Hey everyone, yeah yeah thanks for all the applause and the standing ovation. Don’t cheer for me, cheer for the players who got us here

And where is here, you might ask? Well here is the gawsh-dern MEDAL ROUND! Here is finishing one point behind Team Europe - a point that they stole from us in the shootout in the very first game! Here is a chance for gold.

We’ve got Team Europe up next. They’re a tough, tough team. We beat them yesterday with Tonn in net. We lost in the rinky-dink skills competition to Team Europe with Tonn in net, but that wasn’t his fault. I’m still so mad the refs didn’t give Squirrely Dan a redo after that fan blew an air horn right as he was about to shoot. 

Woody McPine is a great goalie. I see him lots with the Minnesota Storm, where he’s having just an unreal season leading the team to the top of the standings. He didn’t get a fair shake at this tournament either. That USA game was not a fair assessment of McPine’s skill - 4 PP goals against in a game says a lot more about our PK than it does McPine. It breaks my heart to see a competitor like that on the sidelines. But Jacob Tonn has seen almost 100 shots from the Europeans, and has kept us in the games long enough for our offence to do what Team Canada does best and score a metric boatload of goals.

Jacob Tonn has earned the right to finish his best-of-three series against Team Europe and start the 2v3 seed game tomorrow.

No other roster changes.”

And there you have it folks, Tonn is back in to see if he can best the Europeans in a 3 game WJC series. So far, he’s 1-0-1, but now we’re in the medal round and those shootout wins don’t count so much. Can he steal one last game from Team Europe?

We’ll turn the floor over to the reporters from the media scrum for further questions for bigAL.