My First Impressions and Thoughts as a New Member of the VHL

So by the time I'm posting this I literally just joined. Since this is a place of discussion I would honestly like to share my first impressions on the VHL and what I think of this place.

I first discovered this place via a good friend of mine @PatrikLaine. He out of the blue just asked me if I wanted to join. I hesitated but I figured why not? So I signed up and, all I can say is just wow. I'm loving this place. I loved how welcoming it was and I honestly felt I fit right in. Though I honestly didn't know how to react when people welcomed me since I suck at social interactions. At first glance, I struggled navigating through the place since I didn't know what I was doing. I simply asked Patrik for help and figured out how to create my player. I didn't exactly know what to name my guy since I didn't know if people put proper names or meme names at the time, so I ended up just using my username as my player name. I learned that only after I had created my player though I should've known on my part. I already knew what kind of player I wanted so I allocated my points I started off with and literally just asked Patrik for more guidance for my lack of knowledge.

I soon learned stuff about TPE and how to get them. When I noticed how detailed people were with their players and how much thought others put into their stuff with full on banners, I honestly fell in love with the place even more. I knew that this place was for me. I wanted to participate more in this community. I joined the discord and then I went to work with my junior review as I pondered on which team to join. Whilst writing my junior review, I realized how lacking my hockey knowledge really was compared to others and that made me want to learn more. The amount of detail and just how great the community felt made me want to participate more and improve my knowledge and make myself better. I'm a harsh critic on my work so I also felt that my junior review was bad. However, it's still my first day so I can only go up from here.

I eventually joined the Houston Bulls of the VHML and I again, loved the great community. I almost immediately felt pride being a Bull and felt like I was part of the team. I then learned a bit more on how things work around here and decided to participate in the team's press conference. This is where I ran a bit of trouble and unintentionally making a new topic rather than replying to the one I was supposed to. I'm sorry for that but I was still trying to navigate through things. Once I figured that out I tried to fix my mistake and just went on with my day. Occasionally checking back on any news.

My honest first impressions were all positive with my only real issue is navigating through messages and forums. Though that's on me.

In the future, I personally would love to be in a GM or AGM position after seeing how nice this place is. Though since I literally just joined, I need to further develop myself in this community and as well as to sharpen my understanding of the league and how it works. I really feel like this place is awesome and I may recommend this to others who I think would appreciate this as well. I personally want to thank everyone in staff, the GMs and just the people here in general for being great. It's fun being here and I'll definitely stick around. I hope I can have fun here with everyone around.

2 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

So by the time I'm posting this I literally just joined. Since this is a place of discussion I would honestly like to share my first impressions on the VHL and what I think of this place.

I first discovered this place via a good friend of mine @PatrikLaine. He out of the blue just asked me if I wanted to join. I hesitated but I figured why not? So I signed up and, all I can say is just wow. I'm loving this place. I loved how welcoming it was and I honestly felt I fit right in. Though I honestly didn't know how to react when people welcomed me since I suck at social interactions. At first glance, I struggled navigating through the place since I didn't know what I was doing. I simply asked Patrik for help and figured out how to create my player. I didn't exactly know what to name my guy since I didn't know if people put proper names or meme names at the time, so I ended up just using my username as my player name. I learned that only after I had created my player though I should've known on my part. I already knew what kind of player I wanted so I allocated my points I started off with and literally just asked Patrik for more guidance for my lack of knowledge.

I soon learned stuff about TPE and how to get them. When I noticed how detailed people were with their players and how much thought others put into their stuff with full on banners, I honestly fell in love with the place even more. I knew that this place was for me. I wanted to participate more in this community. I joined the discord and then I went to work with my junior review as I pondered on which team to join. Whilst writing my junior review, I realized how lacking my hockey knowledge really was compared to others and that made me want to learn more. The amount of detail and just how great the community felt made me want to participate more and improve my knowledge and make myself better. I'm a harsh critic on my work so I also felt that my junior review was bad. However, it's still my first day so I can only go up from here.

I eventually joined the Houston Bulls of the VHML and I again, loved the great community. I almost immediately felt pride being a Bull and felt like I was part of the team. I then learned a bit more on how things work around here and decided to participate in the team's press conference. This is where I ran a bit of trouble and unintentionally making a new topic rather than replying to the one I was supposed to. I'm sorry for that but I was still trying to navigate through things. Once I figured that out I tried to fix my mistake and just went on with my day. Occasionally checking back on any news.

My honest first impressions were all positive with my only real issue is navigating through messages and forums. Though that's on me.

In the future, I personally would love to be in a GM or AGM position after seeing how nice this place is. Though since I literally just joined, I need to further develop myself in this community and as well as to sharpen my understanding of the league and how it works. I really feel like this place is awesome and I may recommend this to others who I think would appreciate this as well. I personally want to thank everyone in staff, the GMs and just the people here in general for being great. It's fun being here and I'll definitely stick around. I hope I can have fun here with everyone around.

Welcome Aboard!