The Future of the VHL

a_Ferk

In any sim league, the new members are the future. Without them, the older members would eventually burn out and the league would cease to exist. The more users we are able to recruit and retain, generally the more enjoyable the experience. Here we will be taking a closer look at some of the newer members that I don’t know particularly well. I think these guys will have an impact on the league in the long term. 

BigAL | Player Name: Groovy Dood | Joined: March 24th

BigAL is a user that kind of took me by surprise. Easily identified by his Bart Simpson profile picture, he is currently Ricer’s assistant in Miami. Although he joined about a week after I did, I didn’t feel like he had much of a presence in the discord until very recently. In fact, I didn’t really know who he was when Miami hired him as their Assistant GM. On the other hand, AL has had a pretty large presence on the VHL forums with 168 reputation, and his recent activity on the discord has him at rank 76.

Rory | Player Name: Jeffrey Pines | Joined: April 15th

Rory was a member that I first came in contact with on the forums. I would frequently see him liking graphics and articles created by other users, notably Hooperorama who I was helping out at the time. Other than that I have had very little interaction with him. One of the initial things that I liked about Rory was that he had a PewDiePie profile picture, though he has since changed it. Like BigAL, Rory took me by surprise in the sense that he kind of came out of nowhere and became the AGM of Mississauga.

Ketchup | Player Name: Heinz Gunnarsson | Joined: June 12th

Ketchup is a very new member, having only just joined the league yesterday. Due to this, he is more of a wildcard than the first two users I mentioned. However, a few things about him make me believe that he will be here long term. For one, he joined the VHL discord and has been pretty active in the short time he’s been here. This is usually a good indicator that a member is interested in staying. I’ve had very limited interaction with Ketchup, but he seems willing to learn which is also a good sign. Ketchup’s profile picture is a heinz ketchup bottle, which is memorable and I think is good for his sim brand.

PatrikLaine | Player Name: Patrik Laine | Joined: May 26th

Patrik has been here for nearly three weeks now, and has earned an astounding 76 TPE so far, not including the base TPE. He has been the biggest waiver pickup for Houston so far this year. No other waiver prospect currently comes close. One time while I was lurking the discord, PatrikLaine made it clear that he has had a good time in the VHL so far and has no plans on leaving. To me the most impressive thing about Patrik is that he already has 72 community reputation in just under three weeks. 

Edited by a_Ferk