Asking The Important Question

Tagger

What if we permanently banned every member without a player along with anyone with a player who currently has no TPE invested in fighting?

*Numbers/Data used are from the Playoff Indexes (VHL/VHLM) with one edit to account for the retirement of Blake Laughton, who, had he stuck around, would have allowed Grape to survive the impending apocalypse. An unfortunate end indeed.  

Player Situation

The bad news for the goalies in the league is that they’re all gone, they stood no chance of surviving the purge. However the good news is that everyone has a BOT goalie so level playing field, spirit of competition am I right?

As for skaters, we can pretty much delete the VHLM as a lot of their talent will be forced up to the VHL immediately. Interestingly enough there are over twice as many fighters in the VHLM (24) than in the VHL (11) but the culling has limited us to just over 2 players per VHL team.

Admin Situation

Well, let’s put it this way, if you have a dark blue member name it’s da-ba-dee-da-ba-BYE as they’re all sent packing to the tune of Eiffel 65’s 90’s banger. Luckily, the annihilation has not deprived us completely of simming talent as Devise manages to stick around in the form of Markus Nygren, upping his fighting to 41 clearly an educated manoeuvre on his part. With only 35 players (including his own) to oversee, there probably is no need for extra commissioners or even a BOG, leading us into the three-paragraph dictatorship era.

GM Situation

If you are a VHL GM at this minute, I hate to break it to you, but you are already dead. Not one of the 16 GMs in the VHL have a player who has added to fighting (I don’t think Hedgehog even has a player the absolute madman), which means we need to either hire nearly half our new player base as General Managers or contract a little. The best solution for us would probably be to contract to six teams in one league, leaving us with just over one starting line per team.

As for potential GMing talent available, we are lucky to still retain the talents of a VHLM GM in Motzaburger (Michael Gary Scott) and given we’re in a tight situation and we need GMs, I presume Devise declares he is taking over a team. That leaves four teams that need GM’s. Maybe Jruutu (Jim Bob), who has been in the league for over thirty seasons right now would be tempted to take the reigns of a squad of goons? Oilmandan (Randy Marsh) is a former VHLM GM who would have the experience required to fit the role.

Verdict

After a long period of deliberation, I have decided that this may be just a bit too radical of a decision to make just now. Should everyone who hasn’t added at least 1 TPE to fighting be banned? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, that is a group that includes myself, so we definitely can’t do this just now. However, once I’ve got my fighting up to 41, then we can start return to these discussion points.

Edited by Tagger

• Admin
7 hours ago, Tagger said:

After a long period of deliberation, I have decided that this may be just a bit too radical of a decision to make just now

It was the realisation of a Devisetatorship which you know means outlawing drafts.

I liked this article big time, I wish it were longer... I would have liked to see the top 3 players in Fighting in VHL/VHLM listed just out of curiosity.

I shared an idea in our Locker Room that I don't know has been done yet, but I'd love to get a couple buddies and all play as the Hanson brothers on the same team, each with maxed out fighting!

Anyways, I like it...9/10