Volchenkov Post Draft Interview

Today we catch up with Alec Volchenkov shortly after he was selected 12th overall by the London United. Volchenkov looks set to spend another season in the VHLM with the Ottawa Lynx after a successful stint with Saskatoon last season.

What were the emotions like on your draft night?

I was a little on edge, you know, unsure of really where you’re gonna be spending your career. It was exciting but I’m glad it’s over now so I can spend a little more time celebrating our cup win before getting back to training.”

Are you happy with being taken by London?

“Yeah, it’s a great place to play! Coming into an expansion team there’s lots of room for me to grow into my full potential.”

Since you’ve gone to an expansion team are you going to play in the VHL or stick in the minors another season?

“My plan all along was to stick another year in the minors, hopefully I can win back-to-back cups. Even though London may need me on their roster I’d still like to spend this season in Ottawa. I would rather stay down with a cup contender and develop another season before making the jump. We have a good squad down here and I’m looking forward to the future.”

That’s all we have for today, thanks for tuning in as we caught up with Volchenkov. He’s set to have a good season with Ottawa as they hope to go deep this year.

Nice interesting interview. I saw a couple of issues with grammar but nothing that would confuse the reader. Also issues with

the borders as some of the sentences to the far right were cut off. Overall all a nice read. Good Luck in London.

7/10