Jungkok Needs to be Better

Baozi

• Head Moderator

BTS Jungkook Clip (Run|Sad) - YouTube

Jungkok Cut from Team World, Needs to be Better

“You know, it’s never fun when you’re the one watching from the couch having to look at your team or people you know play in games you want to be in. But the fact of life is that I wasn’t good enough this year to make the team.” - Jungkok, Vancouver Wolves

The cold honest truth, something that Jungkok hasn’t shied away from since the end of the rookie season for the Vancouver Wolf. What started as a promising first few games quickly was replaced with confusion as team dynamics caused him to be shuffled around despite his strong start. In short, Jungkok seemed to have struggled maintaining any kind of chemistry on any line that he played with. That being said, he still maintained his physical brand of play throughout the season which was an encouraging sign. Jungkok knows that this season will require more effort to make an impact on the relatively young Vancouver Wolves team. 

“I’m still not sure what role I’ll be playing on the team this year but I’ll have to be more prepared than I was last year. There were definitely some things to overcome but I think spending time this off-season to work on those problems will help improve my overall ability next time around. I want to be able to help my team get to the finals and I want to be on the world cup squads. It's just a matter of putting in the time and effort for it.”

With 17 points in 72 games, the Wolves will be looking for improved offensive support from Jungkok in his sophomore year. The bright side is hopefully his squad leading 229 hits will remain a staple for the team for time to come with hopefully less penalty minutes. We did manage to ask him what he thought about the team situation.

“I think next season the team will have some growing pains for sure. Got a lot of young guys here and a few vets. But I’m aiming to get to the playoffs certainly, I hate having to sit out and watch. I mean once you’re in the playoffs anything can happen as well so we’ll take it step by step at that point. One of the thing is that we’ll have to makesure we have a good start to the season, I feel we put ourselves in too big of a hole to start last season and it cost us the playoff spot. We have to be strong and get out of the gates quickly.”

The bruising winger has shown in the past that he’s required time to adjust to any new league so this may be no different than when he’s adapted fully to the new level of competition in the league. In his first VHLM season which was shortened he only amassed 4 points in 16 games, but the following season in the VHLM he had 102 points in 72 games. For the Wolve’s sake, hopefully the trend continues where he can adapt to the new level of difficulty.

Jungkook is sad | ARMY's Amino