You are chosen, Isabella.

Banackock

RECREATE TIME: MY NEXT PLAYER

I think it was only a matter of time before I went down this road and to be honest, I feel like I’ve lasted a lot longer than most have. I am unsure though and I’d imagine someone good to shed light on this would be Victor but it’s nowhere near a big enough thing at all to bother with a tag. I think a lot of members eventually find themselves in a career where they’re naming their newest player somehow after a player in the prior careers (a family member of an old player etc). I have lasted this long without having one but I finally think I am about to cave and go for it. Initially, my thoughts were to go as a goalie. Seattle was losing Rayz Funk in the coming seasons and knowing how much success he’s brought the organization, the team knows very well that they must have a great goalie in order to succeed. So, does Seattle go the easy route and have the GM recreate as a goalie and cash in that way? You’d think it would make the most sense, but with things going on as they currently are in the VHL, you wouldn’t be wrong to think otherwise either. Are they going to gamble and take a goalie in one of the next 2 upcoming drafts? I know looking in this draft they could likely find a guy and I would arguably bet $3.50 that there’s going to be another solid candidate or two in the next draft as well if there isn’t already. SO WHAT DO I DO? Well, this is what happened. 

THE PROCESS

“I was giving it thought. I was going back and forth like crazy and it was really starting to get old. Something I’ve learned in the last 24 seasons is that it can get real easy to sit there and go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. It’s a wicked game that can get the best of GM’s second guessing, jumping all over the place, busting prematurely or maybe playing a little too long on a hand that was too soft? Find the plans, draw them out and look them out, figure it out, do it. Do not get caught up in the tire rolling down the massive hill. For Seattle, it was a pretty simple choice. Play it safe? Gamble and likely get two birds stoned at once. Who doesn’t like getting two birds stoned at once? For this very scientific reason, we decided to go the route of nabbing a goalie from outside the organization and leaving a different position open for the taking. Center or D? Ultimately, Defense was the position initially chosen. I’ve enjoyed it with Federov and Kovalchuk, always seemed to have decent luck and it was always a huge boost to the team. It was literally so much back and forth until I FINALLY made a decision. It was painful and the shit part too was that there were so many weeks to mull it over before recreating. Then, out of nowhere, I went with neither G or D and ended up creating as a center. I figured we nabbed ourselves a goalie (so duh, no recreate there) and a d-man could likely be easier to find down the road than a big time centermen who GM’s love to hold onto. 

ENTER NAME HERE

I guess we forgot to mention the name. For me, it was one of the easiest things to come up with. I obviously took the last name of the player I was using it off knowing they were somehow connected, googled first names for where they were from and picked something that I thought sounded good when said, etc. It didn’t take me long at all. I don’t think I’ve ever really had an issue naming my players only these leagues and have always been fortunate to be creative enough to keep the excitement going each time around. Now the player I head back to makes a lot of sense. It’s where I got my start in the VHL. It was my first player in the league. It’s who I won my first Founders and Continental’s with, I got an Aidan Shawn for and have a lot of great memories with. He has now been the guy “named” behind the bench of Seattle for the last 24 seasons, 900+ wins and a majority of Seattle’s GM’s records and even closing in on Top 5’s and 3’s for the VHL. Blake Campbell, looking back, was maybe still one of my more favorite players I’ve had on this website and maybe even this league because I’ve had a lot to be thankful for throughout the seasons since then.

HERE IT IS
 I guess enough with the word count bull shit, let’s reveal the name. LADIES… GENTS… I PRESENT TO YOU… 

The Daughter of VHL Top 5 Blake Campbell… ISABELLA CAMPBELL

p1BZ6I4.png

STATEMENT

It’s been a long time coming but I am finally here. I do not want to keep the people and media for very long here today, however, I wanted to say that the excitement is incredible and I’m so happy that the season is underway and I am rolling. Choosing a team was a fun experience like my dad said it would be and it was initially down to 2 teams at the very start. Now, saying that, things could have easily changed. The management of all teams did a pretty great job reaching out but at the end of the day, the 2 teams still remained top the boards. I won’t release team 2 just to drive everyone nuts but I am very happy to go to Houston. Awesome locker room and we’ve even added some solid talent and members since me joining the squad. I am excited to ruin Miami’s plans this season and send them packing. That is the plan anyway. Guess we will see.

Lastly, my future may already be chosen for what team I go to but I am still very excited to join the team and make a name for myself. Seattle has had strong success in the past and I know I can contribute to that. I really do plan on being the best female player this league has ever seen. Again, I guess well wait and see. Until then, I’m excited to put my head down and really give it my all for Houston. GO BULLS!