[SCHAUER] S73 Houston Bulls “Game Breakers” (Hockey Card)

DarkSpyro

Here is another edition to the Game Breakers hockey card collection! In order to better gauge the Potential and Gradings for players, I have discussed with a few people (who I will keep nameless so that all heat for decisions can fall to me and not them too) what category they believe the individual will fall into and the likeliness of them reach said potential at this point in their careers. All Potentials and Grades are subject to change from season to season, and only the select few that are HoF material will eclipse Franchise so don’t get your hopes up too high.

This week we have Marcus Schauer, an Assistant Captain for the Houston Bulls and offensive menace from the blue line. We felt that Top 6 was too low of a grade for this young stud but since he is still in the VHLM, we feel the likelihood of him becoming an elite defender is closer to Medium than High at this early stage in his career. Amongst ourselves, we all agreed that he was somewhere between Elite Medium and Low but came to the final decision that as of right now; He’s closer to medium than low. Let’s keep an eye out for him in the future and see if this grade improves more, or ends up dropping off.

45134-D1-C-AFBC-41-F6-93-C3-C58-AA85-FE8
@Plate

Grades from highest to lowest will be:

-Franchise

-Elite

-1st Line / Starter *(I‘m changing this to “Top 6” for better flow and to also match my bonus mid-season Top 6 O.R. ratings. Top 6 meaning the Top 3 forwards, Top 2 D, and Top Goalie/ starter for the team. If you have the Top 6 grade, it means you are a 1st Liner / Starter grade.)*

-Average

-Depth / Back-up

-Pylon

Potential Stages:

-Exact

-High

-Medium

-Low

If you want me to create a card of your player/ goalie then just DM me the render you would like me to use, captaincy, position (if D then let me know if you are a DD or OD) and the jersey number you wear.

14 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

Grades from highest to lowest will be:

-Franchise

-Elite

-1st Line / Starter *(I‘m changing this to “Top 6” for better flow and to also match my bonus mid-season Top 6 O.R. ratings. Top 6 meaning the Top 3 forwards, Top 2 D, and Top Goalie/ starter for the team. If you have the Top 6 grade, it means you are a 1st Liner / Starter grade.)*

-Average

-Depth / Back-up

-Pylon

Potential Stages:

-Exact

-High

-Medium

-Low

This reminds me of the Hockey's Future (RIP) prospect analysis where they'd give them a grade from 10 to 1 and a probability of them reaching that grade.

https://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/

Also, just as a note, Top 6 usually refers to the top 2 lines, it will be confusing I think.

5 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Also, just as a note, Top 6 usually refers to the top 2 lines, it will be confusing I think.

Yeah I know, but we don’t run 4 lines of forwards and 3 lines of D, or we even have 3rd lines period. In the VHL if you are a 2nd liner (or by regular standards a Top 6 or Top 4) you would be on the bottom line. I use Top 6 as a term here for the Top Line, as there would be 6 skaters (including the goalie) to make up a teams 1st Line. In my mid-season overalls, I call them the Top 6’s since I’m referring to the whole first line. I know it will get confusing but I’m sure people will figure out that “Hey Top 6 can’t be that good here because there’s only 2 forward lines, yet it’s above the average grade.. so it must mean something else.” Or I’m hoping so anyway ?

4 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

I use Top 6 as a term here for the Top Line, as there would be 6 skaters (including the goalie) to make up a teams 1st Line.

I'd just call it Top Line or 1st Line haha