Angellini - SDM First Impressions

okifenoki

A little over a week into S73 in the VHLM, Pietro Angellini seems to have found a home in San Diego. Voted Team Captain, platooning with top ice time, and producing on both sides of the ice, Pietro is well on his way to a great season and the possibility of San Diego looking like a Cup hopeful in S73. Our interviewers caught up with Pietro in the Locker Room after Game 97, a tough loss against the Ottawa Lynx:

Interviewer: "Tough game tonight, Pietro. How are you feeling about your new team in the first week of the season?"

PA: "Man, we played tough tonight but were just outskated by Ottawa. They're a good squad and I hope to see them again soon. I feel great here in San Diego. Lines are meshing well, our GM @InstantRockstar takes great care of the players, I've learned a lot working with Merrick @Steve and made a good friend in Han @Dtayl. I think we're going to surprise some folks when it comes down to it this year."

Interviewer: "You're plugging along at a pretty blistering pace. Averaging almost 2 points per game, over 7 shots per game, over 2 hits per game, and a solid Faceoff Win Percentage. What would you say has brought you so much success early this season?"

PA: "Just hard work. Working alongside my linemates Merrick @Steve and Schwarzy @Enorama during morning skate and just pushing ourselves as hard as we can as a team. I've always been a firm believer in the fact that no one player succeeds without the rest of his team. I'm in it to win it this year with the boys."

Interviewer: "Great words from a Captain. The Marlins have had decent success in the early goings of the season but suffered some close losses. How do you plan to get over the hump?"

PA: "Again, just hard work. The more our lines start to mesh, guys figure each other out, and we can all be on the same page and one step ahead of the opposition. I try to push all the guys in the locker room to get better everyday. I've gotta drop a quote from my man Hemingway on this one: 'There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.'"

Interviewer: "I didn't take you for a bookworm!"

PA: "Never underestimate a Hockey Player. They're full of surprises."