Glass Ready to be Drafted

AW13

Can Iggy Azalea Be Her Own Savior? | GQ

Glass Ready to be Drafted

The day has finally arrived! September 10th, 2020 is here and that means the Season 74 VHL Draft is about to take place and among the hopefuls looking to be drafted, sits a super talented right winger in Estonian, Lexi Glass. There have been a lot of different speculations about where Glass will go in this year's draft and it does not make it easier since she has come out and said that she does not know if she would be a one team player. The talented winger has expressed that she would always want to hear out teams in free agency, including her own to really be able to fit in and help an organization win multiple cups. She understands that it could hurt her draft stock but has never wanted to be anything but honest to any GMs that are willing to take a chance on her. She wants to be taken based on her talent, ability, and overall locker room presence and wants to help an organization win but also hold whatever organization she joins accountable so that they know a winning plan and can put together a team around her that is capable of being a cup winning franchise.

When asked about desired locations, Lexi has always said that she would be open to play for any franchise including staying somewhere in Canada where she has currently spent her better part of one plus seasons having spent time in both Mississauga and Ottawa, making the playoffs both times. Glass appreciates the Canadian fans being so overwhelmingly accepting and loves her opportunity to play in front of the fans even in a place like Mississauga where she only played a handful of games for the Hounds, though she did pick up her first ever professional goal in a playoff games with the Hounds in Season 72. Teams such as Vancouver, Toronto, or Calgary could give Glass the opportunity to stay in Canada but she says that location is not the first thing on her mind. 

"We have a team in Riga which is right next to my native Estonia, which would be cool because my old friends and my family could come watch me play but playing in the VHL means so much more even though it would be a great honor. Playing in Canada still in my career would be cool too because I have only known Canada so far in my young VHLM career but it is not the only place I would play. I could expand my other talents in a big place like New York or Los Angeles but again, is not at the forefront of my mind. From Riga, to Canada, to America, to somewhere else, I just want to play hockey!"

Glass was not given a super great opportunity to show off all her goal scoring skills to this point in her VHLM career, suffering from a lack of overall shot numbers, but hopes to change that at the next level. 

"I know my overall abilities and I can be a lead goal scorer for a team. I just need that chance. I want to help a team be dominant and I would love that chance to do just that!"

Will teams shy away from her potential free agency plans or will they take a chance to show a clear direction as a cup contender? Find out tonight in the Season 74 VHL Draft!