Heading Down I-95

CowboyinAmerica

:dcd: Off to the Dragons :dcd:

Washington, D.C. -- It's the beginning of a new era for defenseman Lance Flowers. Following a six season stint with the New York Americans, who drafted him second overall in S68, Flowers is set to head to his first new team in the VHL. And today, he announced who that destination would be: the D.C. Dragons.

An expansion team in S68, the Dragons have made the playoffs in three of the past four seasons, but are still looking for a little help to get over the top into their first finals appearance. Flowers is hoping he can be that piece, slotting in to the team's first top defensive pairing alongside fellow S68 draftee Luciano Valentino.

"D.C. had just about everything I wanted. A place where I can make an impact, play defense, a new location for my agency, and most importantly, win," Flowers said. "It really appeals to me to try and bring these D.C. fans their first VHL championship. I hope we get there."

It's still early in the offseason, but D.C. projects to be a solid playoff team in North America this season, perhaps even a favorite. With the S72 expansion teams still on the rise, and New York and Vancouver rebuilding/retooling, there's an opening. But especially going up against a Seattle team that has won four titles in six years, success is far from certain.

"It's going to take work, but I've never shied away from that," Flowers said. "And I wouldn't be here if I didn't think this team wasn't willing to put in the work as well. I'm feeling good about D.C., and excited to see how it all plays out."

Edited by CowboyinAmerica