Sunderbruch's Draft Opinion

NickSunderbruch

So here we are, another exciting offseason almost over, with the start of season 74 just days away I present to you my opinion; on the draft. Season 73 saw some major upsets, underdog stories, heartbreak, and celebration. But in the aftermath of an excellent post season, we had an excellent deep draft. I for one, was drafted 35th overall to Toronto, and many other incredible players still came after me. So lets take a look at my three favorite players drafted.

1.Onde Sandstrom

Last season with the Ace's Sandstrom put up 67 points, with a +/- of +5.

Definitely not the most amazing performance, but you have to remember that Onde was surrounded by talent on the top line.

Sandstrom was drafted 6th overall by Vancouver and is a promising franchise player for the organization.

I recommend following his career with great interest, as he may end up being a potential HOF player.

2.Luke Thorton

While I wasn't entirely sure why, Thorton went 11th overall even though he had the highest TPA total in the draft class.

Thorton, selected by Calgary a team that may be contending in a year or two absolutely got a steal in my book.

He put up decent numbers in the minors, again another case of being outshined by a stacked team.

3.Doug Dimmadome

The Owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome joined us in the VHL, drafted by Las Angeles 5th overall.

A 292 TPA goaltender with great earnings, last year he posted a total of 51 wins with San Diego. 

This man is an absolute brick wall, I know first hand how it feels to have your shots blocked by him.

Dimmadome is on this list mainly because I love his name, but also because I genuinely believe he was the best goalie to go in this draft.

Thank you all for reading, and join me next week for another article. 

Edited by NickSunderbruch

Great idea for an article and intriguing title! Simple but intresting to see your opinions and I agree with all three completely, think Thorton got passed on because of his habit to pass more when STHS favors scorers. Smooth introduction and well written paragraphs! If you could do anything diffetent I'd add some colour, logo emoticons or pictures to sharpen everything up because you got good content and it deserves to shine. You could have added a ending or made the list bigger but if you ask me it turned out short and sweet. Lastly I respect the effort to include statistics so gotta give you credit for collecting them. Overall you get a 9/10 from me! Already signed up for future updates but now I'm more excited to see bigger written work from you :)

Edited by ZP16