Ice and hockey: Teppo McBighit, Houston Bulls

monttu

This is the first article of the new VHL.com series "Ice and Hockey". In this series I will dive deep into players, teams and the whole VHL community.

Today we have interview and deep dive of the Houston Bulls defenceman Teppo Mcbighit.

McBighit started in VHLM in the late season 74. He comes from Lappeenranta, Finland. A small finnish town near the border of Russia. He has played in finnish minors for couple seasons before becoming Houston Bull player. He most likes to play physically and defensively. A true defenceman. This 19 yo player has really made an impact in the Bulls. He has hitted hard and putted his body in front of the puck for such a young player.

Teppo McBighits current S74 stats:

GP 21

G 1

A 1

P 2

+/- -12

SHT 12

PIM 46

HIT 57

SB 35

Interview

You have now played for over 20 games. How do you feel?

-I feel really great, I love playing in Houston. It is such a great town and the team really is for me.

You scored your first goal against Mississauga Hounds. How did it feel to score that goal?

-I don't play hockey to score goals but it felt good.

Bulls haven't had a great season. But now you guys have started to get some wins. What is the secret for this?

-It is not a secret, we have many new players and everyone is really motivated to win. Our GM has made a good job.

Do you have any player who has inspired you to play like you play?

-Dion Phaneuf. I would like to be just like him.

What are your career targets?

-My career targets are to play in high level in every game and get into VHL some day. And maybe raise the cup. I want also be an active man in the VHL community.

Last question. Draft is coming, what are your expectations for that?

-I have checked the rankings. I was 38th. I just want to get drafted. And I really don't mind if the Bulls would select me.

End of interview

I had really good conversation with Teppo. He is really humble person and can go really far on his career. S75 draft class is really great and Teppo bring a little spice to it. He has shown really good development in his S74 games and it hasn't stopped yet and for sure it will continue in S75. I will look forward to the draft and his first full season in the VHLM.

-Written by @monttu, reporter of Ice and Hockey

~390 words