Victoria Monarchs *Victory Pro-AM SPECIAL EDITON* Press Conference

Welcome Monarchs to this special edition press conference. We are six games into our Victory Pro-Am tournament and Victoria has stormed out the gates going an impressive 5-1. It's truly been a team effort and I am super proud of the squad we've put together here. I figured I'd ask some questions, mostly for fun, but if you need to get a couple TPE and you haven't done your VHL team presser yet this week, this can be claimed for up to 2 capped TPE depending on how many questions you answer. Just keep in mind if you are claiming you CANNOT claim this AND your VHL/M Press Conference also. It's one or the other. With that being said, let's get started!

1) As mentioned in the introduction, the Monarchs have gotten off to a super good start going 5-1 after the first two days of simulation. What do you think of Victoria's chances to potentially win the tournament, and who do you see as the biggest threat to our team?

2) As you may or may not have seen in the livestream of the first day of sims, Saturn defeated the Montreal Raiders by a whopping 7 goal margin. What's worse is goaltender Doug Dimmadome faced 70 shots that game. A true tragedy. The question is if our team was to give up 70 shots how fast would you retire your player and what avenues would you pursue outside of hockey after hanging up the skates?

3) We've had a various players step up for us in the early going. Down 3-0 to the Raiders yesterday our team clawed back and put up 5 goals in the third period to win the game 6-4. It's early still but who would you nominate as the Monarchs MVP thus far?

4) Shifting gears, it's been a busy past couple days in the VHL with both the VHLM Dispersal Draft, and the VHL Entry Draft taking place in the past 48 hours. Have you seen your team's newest acquistions and how would you rate your teams draft overall? Who do you think was the steal of either draft?

5) The BOG dropped a bomb last night announcing that starting this season, the VHLM would be adding a Junior affiliate system. This is a massive change. What do you think of this idea and how do you think it could impact the future of the league?

6) Season 75 is just around the corner. Teams have shuffled their rosters and drafted new players. Who would consider the odd-on favorite to win either the Commissioner's Cup or the Founders Cup in S75?

1 hour ago, fromtheinside said:

Welcome Monarchs to this special edition press conference. We are six games into our Victory Pro-Am tournament and Victoria has stormed out the gates going an impressive 5-1. It's truly been a team effort and I am super proud of the squad we've put together here. I figured I'd ask some questions, mostly for fun, but if you need to get a couple TPE and you haven't done your VHL team presser yet this week, this can be claimed for up to 2 capped TPE depending on how many questions you answer. Just keep in mind if you are claiming you CANNOT claim this AND your VHL/M Press Conference also. It's one or the other. With that being said, let's get started!

1) As mentioned in the introduction, the Monarchs have gotten off to a super good start going 5-1 after the first two days of simulation. What do you think of Victoria's chances to potentially win the tournament, and who do you see as the biggest threat to our team?

2) As you may or may not have seen in the livestream of the first day of sims, Saturn defeated the Montreal Raiders by a whopping 7 goal margin. What's worse is goaltender Doug Dimmadome faced 70 shots that game. A true tragedy. The question is if our team was to give up 70 shots how fast would you retire your player and what avenues would you pursue outside of hockey after hanging up the skates?

3) We've had a various players step up for us in the early going. Down 3-0 to the Raiders yesterday our team clawed back and put up 5 goals in the third period to win the game 6-4. It's early still but who would you nominate as the Monarchs MVP thus far?

4) Shifting gears, it's been a busy past couple days in the VHL with both the VHLM Dispersal Draft, and the VHL Entry Draft taking place in the past 48 hours. Have you seen your team's newest acquistions and how would you rate your teams draft overall? Who do you think was the steal of either draft?

5) The BOG dropped a bomb last night announcing that starting this season, the VHLM would be adding a Junior affiliate system. This is a massive change. What do you think of this idea and how do you think it could impact the future of the league?

6) Season 75 is just around the corner. Teams have shuffled their rosters and drafted new players. Who would consider the odd-on favorite to win either the Commissioner's Cup or the Founders Cup in S75?

1) 5-1 is obviously a good start so I think we have a chance! Saturn is probably the best team in the tournament so we just have to beat them when it counts.

2) Poor Dimmadome, I think he's still recovering from that 38-shot third period. I don't have a good answer for you I'd just have to destroy that footage before Riga sees it...

3) Well we've got the best goalie in the ProAm in Jacob Tonn, and Venus was clutch in our biggest game of the tournament so far, but I gotta go with Bot 15

4) I think both of my teams, Philly & Riga, had great drafts. Philly looks set up nicely to make a run in the VHLM this year and Riga had like a quarter of the picks in the entire draft so. Got a bunch of my Miami boys with me in Riga, plus Dolant, Kelly, Zetterstrom, Lose, Sim... and of course a stud goalie in Klamasteris. I'm probably forgetting someone, we took so many players, but definitely excited to be a part of Riga.

Sheldon Juniper in the late second round for steal of the VHLM draft. Ryan Ryker in the late third round for steal of the VHL draft. 

5) I think it's a really creative problem solving idea by the league. It's something I'd never have thought of doing but now that I do think about it, I think it makes perfect sense. It ends up being very little set-up work to get playing time for players when the VHLM gets full, and it can easily come and go as the league needs it. It solves the problems we were facing without causing any issues down the line if there aren't so many new player creations.

6) No VHLM predictions at this time but I think Malmo, Seattle, Calgary have good teams. We talked about ending Rice's curse in the Miami locker room last year, so maybe it's Seattle's turn haha

Edited by tcookie25

1 hour ago, fromtheinside said:

Victoria BC!?