VHL Daft Day!

Anthony Suzuki

Well here we are boys! Thank you to Moscow for drafting me!

For this week’s media spot, I wanted to tell my story heading into the VHL Entry Draft.

I was drafted 60th overall in the draft, so in the 4th round.

After my personally disappointing season with Ottawa I was still in the later rounds for the season 75 VHL Entry Draft.

It was the day of the Draft. Woke up and started with my usual routine. Get up, shave, shower. I usually take a cold shower because it wakes me straight up. Then I go for a good old homemade breakfast. Some eggs with a piece of toast. Not anything special. Then after that I went to go and continue my training, to get ready for next season. Did my usual training with my good NHL buddy Nick Suzuki. And no, we are not related at all, but I still consider him my good old brother. Working on getting bigger. I want to get more muscular masse so I can throw the body all the time and less chances of getting injuries. Then we got on the ice. I practiced as usual my shooting. My routine is sitting between the two faceoff dots and stand still. I have 4 pucks and I need to go 4 for 4, One on each corner. If I miss one, I restart all over again till I get them all. Next up, is my second drill. Nick just simply passes to me and I one time it on net. We have a practice goalie, so it is like a real game situation. And I did more drills, especially skating and puck handling. So, this was my routine and I have done a lot more to get better.

Got back home took a shower, ate lunch, and went to the tailor to pick up my suit. They had it all ready for me. Then I went to my parent’s house, and all my family members were there. It was a big surprise, and I was ecstatic and overwhelmed by the moment. I would like to thank my parent’s for being there the whole way, and I could not have done it without them.

I have had a lot of talks with several teams, so I had no idea where I would end up. Anyways, it was nighttime, and we drove to the arena we are the draft was located at. Met some guys during my time there, some old teammates and it was very welcoming for everyone, so thank you VHL for such a great night. All night I was waiting for my name to be called. It was just amazing seeing everyone drafted and the reaction they get. So, when I heard my name I was in shock. I good type of shock. I was so happy and jumped out of my seat and went to get that beautiful Moscow jersey over my suit.

There was my story of my Draft day. Hopefully I can make a huge impact when I get to the VHL, I can’t wait!

Absolutely loved reading this. I'm a first gen-player and when I got drafted last night to Toronto (29th overall) I was ecstatic. It was great reading about your daily routine and your nerves/excitement for draft day as I had the same! I thought your writing style was great, adding in some fresh ideas, and having your parents there as a whole must have been quite the feeling. Looking forward to reading more of your posts! 10/10

Review: I'm starting to enjoy reading your articles and waiting in anticipation for the next one. The daily routine is a nice touch, and you spaced it out really well. My only tip that would make it awesome is maybe some bold text or an image. That's all

9/10

4 hours ago, fyrefly said:

Review: I'm starting to enjoy reading your articles and waiting in anticipation for the next one. The daily routine is a nice touch, and you spaced it out really well. My only tip that would make it awesome is maybe some bold text or an image. That's all

9/10

Appreciate it man, and that's a good idea with the bold and or pictures once in a while