Best Second Line in the League

youloser1337

Mexico City Kings want perfection when it comes to their first line. When Justin Lose failed to deliver on the first line, the decision was made to demote him to the second line. In a way this isn't a bad thing though. Rory, the assistant general manager for the Kings said in the locker room after demoting Lose to the second line, "Yeah (I) think we're gonna have to do the Draisaitl/Mcdavid strategy and separate you and RJ."  This was addressed by Lose in a statement here: [LINK]. The pressure of the first line finally got through to him. A few days after that statement went out Lose approached us again and gave us a follow-up.

"Mentally it's taxing to be told you aren't meeting expectations. It was a rough couple of days when I was first told. I couldn't shake it. Luckily I calmed down and realized this is a blessing in disguise. I think currently I am doing better mentally and I'm finally scoring too!" - Justin Lose

What happened after being demoted shocked management and Lose himself, he was finally producing. Being reunited with John Callahan Jr and having Chris Foley be their center in what they say is the best 2nd line in the league. Lose has finally found the chemistry that the Mexico City Kings were looking for when they drafted him. 

Let's analyze the 3 that make-up the self-proclaimed best 2nd line in the league. The line consists of Chris Foley on Center, Justin Lose on Right wing and finally John Callahan Jr on Left Wing.

Chris Foley is in his 3rd year with Mexico City and has 4 goals and 9 assists for 13 points so far this season in 14 games played. Last season was his best season in production with 28 goals and 57! assists for 85 points in 72 games. He also contributed 4 assists in 5 games in the playoffs last season.

John Callahan Jr is only in his second season in the VHLM after being a waiver last season. He was drafted 29th in the VHLM draft and is having a career season already with 6 goals and 7 assists for 13 points in 14 games played. Last season he only played in 28 games and only had 3 points (2 goals / 1 assist).

Justin Lose is also in his 2nd season after being drafted 18th overall in the VHLM draft. Currently he has 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points in 14 games played. In his waiver year he had a respectable 8 goals and 11 assists for 19 points in 34 games played. This trio is boosting each other up to almost point a game pace for each player!

The season is still young, but with Mexico City (at the time of this recording) being tied in first with Philadelphia anything is possible. This just goes to show that a slow start doesn't mean the end of your season and a demotion isn't always a 'demotion'. For Justin Lose it was a reunion and redemption for failing to please the Mexico City management.

Short content but it works in describing a good situation in the VHLM.

Spacing and formatting could use some work. The odd way the sentences end with a word or two on the enxt line kind of throws the pacing off, you may do better to fully separate the line with an extra break here.

Could use some headers to separate lines of subject matter as well as different colors or pictures to add flavour. Good start though, just keep in mind appearance plays a big part in content production.

7/10

Edited by tfong