WJC Commissioner Hired

bigAL

*NEWS FLASH*

After the promotion of long-time WJC commissioner Acydburn to VHLM commissioner, the hunt for a new (co-) top dawg for the most prestigious tournament around began. Many excellent applicants applied, and a shortlist of the creme de la creme was created. With the original announcement being buried in the Job Posting thread, it's worth announcing this historic news in its own article.

The new commissioner of the WJC is...

Spoiler

me.

I'm so so so pumped to be back working with the minors. Life happened this summer and I had to step away from my happy place as Miami's AGM. This role with the WJC gets me back in the first-gen, new-round-here, bestest and most keenest members orbit. Sure, it's a time-sensitive job, not 'round the clock like AGMing, but it's still a big promotion and still awesome to be a part of this.

The WJC is a key showcase of the best young talent in the league. RJ and I are going to continue delivering the best possible tournament for the players, the managers, and the fans. I don't know what that looks like yet, but I needed two more TPE this week.

And to all the people who were visited by the circus monkey, I see you. It's an amazing testament to the strength of the community we've built here that there are so many strong, capable and eager candidates to fill leadership positions. Places like this, and many of my volunteer organizations from my younger days, are amazing experiences to "practice for the real world." The fact that you GM a sim league hockey team, or are a VSN reporter, or host a podcast might not go on your resume, but these are absolutely skills that will help you find success offline. Keep honing your virtual resume, keep being the best damn sim leaguer you can be, keep being a role model for new and less-active members, and you'll get yours in due time. 

Cheers everyone, I'm proud and thankful that I get to serve all you beauties.

AL

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Fuck I forgot the application

you win by default fuck

Fuck I should’ve brought you to the interviewStep Brothers Pam GIF by hero0fwar