I'm frustrated, I had to write this.

Dom

Usually, I try to avoid doing articles about my player because I think its not the kind of articles that get the attention of others but today I decided to do it. Why? To brag about my player? No, actually, it’s the opposite! I’m getting pretty frustrated of the performances of my player and it just will ease my frustration to share it.

So, first, my player got drafted by Houston and been named captain of the team. He’s been leading the team in points with an impressive rate that was over a point per game until the first line center retired. Since then, my player never been the same even though he was capped. I told myself this might be because my player is a playmaker and my line mates didn’t have scoring high enough. This was a fine excuse to me and kept me confident about my player’s career.

December 4th, my player gets traded to Mexico. First thought as been that playing with RJ Thatcher who proved to be an elite goal scorer could really push both my stats and Mexico’s stats. I mean, add a capped playmaker to a capped sniper, it should really be a blast. But the truth is it didn’t work at all for my player on the first line, so now I got swapped to the third line, my reactions as been that, yeah, its disappointing to loose ice time but if it work for both the team and me, its for the best. But again, my players doesn’t perform. I’m on the top team of the league and I can’t do shit, that team throwed a first rounder for me and I can’t even do anything because I’m already capped. In 10 games in Mexico, my player got 0 goals, 2 assists and is -1. I don’t understand, this might be the worse stats in the team and also the worse stats of every capped players in the league. Is my build that bad?

So now, let’s talk about future, what should I expect? Will my player finally be the player he should be in the playoffs? Can I help my team going far or am I slowing them down? Is it worth it to be a max earner when you see clickers get more points than you? I’m frustrated and nobody did anything wrong, I can only blame a sim engine and that make me wonder if my player will even have a decent career. For those who read this, thank you, I really had to write about it.

Claiming it next week.

Edited by domg5

VHLM is weird and fairly random. It's only after you've managed to get to a decent TPE level in the VHL and start to pull away from the pack after a few seasons that you really start to see your career take off (a lot of the time, anyway). 

VHLM success, or lack thereof, really doesn't mean anything as far as your big-league career goes. Of course, it's a great thing to have--but if you're not doing great right now don't worry about it.