Thinking about the S73 goalie class

solas

Goalie is a particularly interesting position in the VHL.  STHS can make it frustratingly inconsistent for some, but a great goalie can be just ridiculously dominant over the course of their career.  And I think it can result in some interesting competition between goalies too, since it’s more of an individualistic position than forward or defenseman.  Having only made a goalie once before about thirty seasons ago, going back to the position has been pretty fun for me so far.  In particular one thing that’s been interesting to me is the draft class that my player has been a part of.

Not only was there a lot of goalies created for the S73 class, but the league expanding by four teams meant that there were more spots open when originally some might have had to settle for a backup position earlier in their career.  As a result, there have been five goalies from this class who have reached at least 500 TPE which I think will become pretty interesting as we go into the future.  There’s the three first round picks in Tonn, Gyrfalcon, and myself, there’s Krishna who went in the early second round, and there’s Harvey who went 40th overall in the third round.  Tonn has by far been the highest TPE earner but I think things have gotten pretty interesting as Krishna has played absolutely insane for Warsaw this season and Harvey has been an absolute steal so far and has become a starter after being traded to Riga.  That’s not to mention that three of us (Krishna, Camus, Harvey) have all signed extensions to be with our current teams for the rest of our careers.  

Let's hope this means the next seasons have some fun playoff battles and Shaw races.