Anigbogu Weekly Journal #2 - Toronto Makes Big Moves

ngine4

Even as someone not hugely invested into the hockey world, it's been impossible to miss the big news circulating the Toronto Legion over the past week. Several big name players were shipped out, prompting a small back and forth argument during a team press conference. With so many eyes on the team, it's always important to hear the perspective of players living within the situation. Ziarie Anigbogu, now in his 3rd season as a defenseman for the Legion, isn't the most vocal team member, but in a recent media session we were able to hear his thoughts on what went down:

"I personally never had any bad blood with the two traded Legion players, but that's probably more of a reflection on myself not integrating with the team more often. What I can say with certainty, is that the level of tension that used to exist in the locker room has gone down considerably, at least from what I can judge. That's always a good thing. I'm happy to serve a role with this team, no matter what it constitutes, and I know many of my teammates are the same. So really, it's no huge surprise that the outliers who puts themselves first might not gel with the rest super well. For the most part, my thoughts are pretty simple. The move happened, and it's over with. Our attention has to shift back to this season and starting to string together some quality performances as a team."