New York Americans' Goaltender to take Vacation

thadthrasher

An Entry from Thadius Sales’ Journal

I got home from yesterday’s game and just collapsed on my bed. We’ve had a rough season in New York. I’m getting peppered in net, and it seems like my work at the gym and in practice doesn’t show up on the ice in-game, but we’re turning it around. We had a tightly contested game against London. We were almost shot for shot against them, but Malone @WentzKneeFan036 and I were on fire. We both faced more than 40 shots, but ultimately, he let in two more goals in the shootout, so we got the win. It was nice to battle against the guy I used to be the backup for in Halifax. It was nice seeing him again. But it was exhausting. As I fell onto my bed, I immediately fell asleep.

The Dream

I had a pretty solid night of sleep last night, but I had a really bizarre dream. In my dream there was a world-wide pandemic! They called it the corona virus, not to be confused with the beer. This virus wiped out countless people, and surprising enough, there were still people who doubted it existed! How bizarre! Anyways, in this dream, everything was shut down. We weren’t allowed to play hockey, go anywhere to eat, or even go on vacation. I woke up almost in a panic, hoping it was not real. Luckily, for me and the rest of the world, it was just a dream.

Time For A Vacation

As I scrambled around in the morning to head to the rink for practice, I started thinking about my dream a bit more and decided that it was a sign that I needed a vacation. Everything in my dream pointed to the fact that vacation is necessary, and one day it could be not available like we’d like. My time in the net has been rough, so I’m hoping that a few days away will help me shake out whatever is going on in my head.

I’ve never been one for large vacations. People choose to go the Las Vegas and party it up, but I’ve been there, it wasn’t that great. I loved my time in Miami, but that place was just too crowded, and I’ve always wanted to go to San Diego, but it’s not what I’m looking for. Growing up near Scranton, Pennsylvania, I grew accustomed to the woods. It’s where I would find peace in troubling times. I wish I would have gone there before I went to prison, but I suppose that would mean I wouldn’t be a professional goaltender right now.

Now, a pandemic wouldn’t stop me from going to the woods in the US, but travel to other countries, I imagine, would be hard. I’m thinking that a week in the woods would help me. I need to recluse from the team, the media, even family. I need some “me time.” I think I’m going to get ahold of @Esso2264 and request the time off. It’s looking like a trip to the Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park in New Zealand is in order. I need to bust out my old camera, backpacking equipment, and just go.

Mount-Cook-National-Park.jpg

Here's the loadout I'd take with me.

BFnuOMNGeAouyVtLnUN58rU6caONz5z3npemw2A_mtc.jpg?auto=webp&s=68e97f6472b8ebd0c11b4f04e8c998f27f53f792

That dream really shook me, and with our current struggles in New York I know this will help me out. I think I’d like to go for about a week. Spend a few days hiking around, find a nice spot in the woods, and camp for the rest. I don’t want to be around other people, just myself, the woods around me, and my camera. That sounds like the dream vacation to me.

---

Claiming week ending 21 Feb and Theme Week, 611 words