Adios, VHLM

Gally

The Aces just got eliminated, effectively ending Lenny Sanderson's playing time in the VHLM. He had a pretty good run, one that lasted for almost two seasons. And along the way, during Sanderson's development, there were a bunch of fantastic people that I'm going to shout out here.

Let's begin with Saskatoon, where Sanderson started his career. @Doomsday was an amazing GM, and @a_Ferk was a great AGM. Both guys played huge roles in getting me on the rails in this league, and I'll forever be thankful. The Wild were a decent team that season, and Sanderson started pretty low on the depth chart, at sub 100 TPE. In the playoffs, Sanderson broke out with 10 points in 7 games, but the Wild eventually lost in game seven to the Las Vegas Aces, Sanderson's next stop in the VHLM.

The Aces drafted me 8th overall in the dispersal draft. It was a crazy one, with Houston grabbing a good portion of the whole first round. I thought I was going to the Bulls for sure, if they kept up all the trades. But @Spartan , @JigglyGumballs, and the Aces held on to one of their firsts to grab me. Las Vegas is one of the more historic and known VHLM organizations, and it was an honour to join them. We were slow out of the gates, but we turned it on about midway through the season and stole a playoff spot. Unfortunately, we ran into the Mexico City Kings, one of the hottest teams coming into the playoffs, and we got swept in what was a series that was full of overtimes and tight games. It wasn't the best way to go out, but making the playoffs was nice for sure. 

That pretty much sums up my VHLM career. Thanks again to all my managers, it was a real fun experience.