Claimed:Cologne Are #1

AwfulHomesick

cd596b9c.jpg

In the draft lottery, that is. Still have a bit more time to make it to the top of the standing. But the Cologne Express, a team that finished 6th overall out of the 10 teams in the league, have taken the 1st overall pick right out of Toronto or Quebec City's hungry hands for youngsters.

A team already stacked with young talent, Cologne saw themselves making a playoff run for a good part of the season until the team poster boy David Collier was traded to Vasteras to close off his career. Vlasis, Linholm, Olynick, World Peace, and Laich will be accompanied by possibly the biggest piece of the missing puzzle to make a this team a real contender. In early predictions for next season, the Express have been seen as a team in limbo. Which means, a team that's not exactly a playoff contender, but they aren't really in a clear and visible rebuilding stage anymore.

In the city of Cologne, exuberant fans have shown their exceptional happiness. As if it were a gift from the hockey gods, are praising the league commissioners and GM Schneider. "I never watched the draft in the past, but knowing Cologne will have the first overall pick, I see myself planted in front of my TV with all my other Express fans friends watching the future happen before our eyes," said an Express fan.

"I think that this team will definitely benefit from any of the top prospects vying to be the #1 spot. This could be the very player that could bring us to that next level," said Logan Laich at a team event. What most analysts are calling as Mason Richardson's spot to lose at #1, it seems that there could be a reunion in the making. Richardson's agent also represented longtime Express player Kameron Taylor. With Richardson's agent's close ties to Cologne, it could mean that the rookie's transition into comfortable spot on the team may be a smooth process. Many believe that any good team can never have enough defenseman to create that winning formula that lead to championships.

Regardless, it seems as if this Cologne team will experience a huge shake up no matter who they take. A #1 overall pick has the potential to become a franchise player. The team in limbo could take their strong roster and add just another ingredient to the mix. The future still shines bright for the hockey team in Germany. The fans are excited. The players are excited. The management are excited. The day of the S40 VHL Entry Draft will be a celebration for the city. Years down the road, the fans of Cologne can see the day of the draft lottery as the day the team turned its fortunes around.

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 3/3

462 words. A bit short, but still a good enough Media Spot for the full marks here. For once the draft lottery went Cologne's way, so I'm sure the prize of Richardson should help the team in it's transition.

Grammar: 1.75/2

There were these minor things, but I felt that a lot of the structure was somewhat start and stop-ish. It didn't flow exceptionally well at times.

In the draft lottery that is. = something pretty random to start this off with

a this = this

happiness. As if = happiness as if

commissioners = Commissioners

into comfortable = into a comfortable

defenseman = defensemen

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good with the green.

Overall: 5.75/6

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

Nice read here. I was actually happy to see Cologne get a break this season and win the lotto. Mainly because Helsinki doesn't need that shit anyways. 

Grammar: 1.75/2

Yeah, looks like just some minor things have piled up. Certainly nothing major and you won't lose any real points from it.

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good.

Overall: 5.75/6

FINAL: 6/6