Claimed:Debut Interview With Prospect Ken Anderson [GRADED 6/6]

lere2001

reinhart1.jpg

Ken Anderson is a new VHLM defensive prospect out of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Listed at a height of six-foot-three and weighing in at two-hundred and five pounds, Ken Anderson has the physical tools to make him a premier defenseman in the league. Our own Kevin Austin caught up with Ken to ask him a few questions in order to get to know him before he signs with a VHLM team.

Kevin: So Ken, you’re looking to sign with a VHLM team in the upcoming days here. Where have you previously been playing your hockey?

Ken: I’ve played my whole life with the Maple Leafs Athletic Club out of Edmonton, Alberta. It’s my home and I haven’t really desired to leave there. I don’t really have a choice now, however. It’ll be weird to have to play in a different city but I’m just going to have to get used to it.

Kevin: What do you think is going to be the biggest adjustment from playing minor league hockey in Edmonton to jumping into the VHLM?

Ken: Well it’s the speed for sure. The speed of the game increases so much when you get into a league like this. Players don’t mess around and you really need to get fast in your decision making and just overall speed with the puck on your stick.

Kevin: Any goals for the season?

Ken: Other than actually getting picked up by a team? I just really want to be among the league-leaders in plus-minus when it’s all said and done. I’m joining the VHLM to really show people that I belong in the VHL, the big boy’s league, and I plan to be one of the best here.

Kevin: What do you think are your strengths on the ice and what are your weaknesses that you want to work on?

Ken: Well, for sure my skating is pretty top-notch. I’ve worked on it for a long time. I also think I’m sound defensively but my puck handling could really use some work. Sometimes when I’m out there I feel like I’m trying to stick handle with a pool cue. I’ll get better though, guaranteed.

Kevin: Can you think of any player, past or present, that you really want to mold your game after?

Ken: I don’t think that there was any one defenseman better than Scott Stevens. When that man hit a player, it put the fear of god into that player and completely changed the course of the game. I really want to be able to play physical like he did, but I definitely want to keep it clean as sometimes he toed the line and got a little too physical.

Kevin: The VHLM is a league which is scouted every night for players who could possibly join the VHL. Does it make you a little nervous that you’ll be watched by VHL general managers on a nightly basis?

Ken: Well I wasn’t really thinking about it until you just brought it up. Nah, I guess it really doesn’t bother me. I mean, if I’m really serious about making it to the VHL, I’ll be watched my millions of fans every game I play, so I need to get used to that pressure-cooker atmosphere.

Kevin: Last question here, do you have any words for the VHLM general managers who will be looking to pick you up in the coming weeks?

Ken: I just wanted to let everyone know that I’m very serious about the opportunity that I’m getting here. You won’t see a more determined player anywhere else and I’m just going to do what is best for the team. At the risk of sounding cliché, if the team wants me to bleed, I’ll bleed. That’s just the kind of guy I am.

Reinhart.jpg

Practice, hard work, and motivation.

With those final words, Ken Anderson walked away from the interviewer and stepped onto the ice at the VHLM practice facility. Practice, hard work, and motivation are the keys to becoming a VHL great, and this kid has all the makings of a star. All that is left is to put it together and that starts once he can get onto a VHLM team. Which team will be able to grab Ken Anderson? Only time will tell.

Edited by lere2001

Content: 3/3 - Pretty solid article my man.  Clear thoughts, simple to read and very punctual.  I think you have a bright future here if you are up to the task.  Great write-up about Anderson's thoughts on the VHL, his attributes, and what he has to look forward to.  ~710.

Grammar: 2/2 - Great overall.

I haven’t really desired to leave there = I have no desire to leave there (not wrong, just sounds funny)

god = God (depends on your beliefs!)

Appearance: 1/1 - Yes.

6/6 - Final

Edited by frescoelmo