Claimed:So, who gets Campbell? [FINAL 6/6]

Banackock

xFkdV4w.gif

Blake Campbell after earning his first victory with the Minot Gladiators

Blake Campbell emerged into the VHLM later than most of his fellow juniors rivals, however, it didn't take him too long to find his groove within the league and make a name for himself. He was picked off waivers by the Minot Gladiators and although he received limited playing time, he managed to not let that bother him. In fact, lot's of scouts believe that his limited junior experience only caused him to push harder in order to reach the next level. His hard work, determination and sacrifice that he's made to the league and his personal improvement has been above average and because of that, he was a fairly good commodity when it was announced he was going to be a Free Agent when he was missed in this seasons junior dispersal draft. As expected, there was great interest around the young goalie. It's not often that you see a high up, active goalie Free Agent so when one comes along, you don't hesitate. Numerous offers came into the young goalie and his agent, however, only one team can be chosen. Now, without further delay, the announcement.

"Firstly I'd like to say thank you to the league for their patience while I made a final decision on who I would like to play for this season. I was very grateful and excited when they made the decision that they would in fact go ahead and name me an official Free Agent. I understand that mistakes are made and was never upset by the matter. Thank you so much for handling the matter respectfully and properly. Secondly, I would like to thank each and every team for their interest in myself. Not going to lie, the attention felt great and it's good to finally get some recognition. Something I rarely seen during my time with Minot. It was a hard decision as I didn't want to let anyone down. So badly did I wish I could pick all the teams but realistically we know that's not possible. I truly wish I could have bit the bullet and helped out teams who were in much more need than the one I've chosen but this season is about me finding personal success, as well as success on a team level. This is my chance to show Stockholm that they chose the right guy at 8th overall and that it's my plan to hopefully lead them to many, many championships. Again, I am sorry to those who may be a little bummed out but I once again thank you for interest and the words you offered me. No hard feelings I hope and best of luck to you all!"

And the team that I will be playing with this season in the VHLM is..

ShHOOzg.png

Why did I choose Brampton?

Brampton offers me a lot of the things I am looking for. Initially I wasn't too sure but that was only because I was fighting with my mind and heart about going to a team I really wanted to play for and to help out a team that was in need. I truly wish I could have been the guy that was willing to help, but this is likely my last season and as you know, my first one didn't go nowhere near how I wanted it to. I want to win and Brampton has a very nice set up going on. They have some nice forwards and some great defenders to help me out. I also noticed they have a decent goalie around the 90 TPE range. Although he's inactive, hopefully Brampton will be able to potentially move him for a piece or two and potentially help out a team in need.

How'd it feel to be taken 8th OV by the Stockholm Vikings?

It felt good to be a goalie and be chosen that high up in the draft. When it came to where I was heading on draft day, I was fairly certain on two teams and it looks like one of them chose me. I spoke to Boubabi prior to the draft day a fair amount and really got a feel for what Stockholm had in mind for their present and future. I am willing to work and continue my path towards becoming a starting goalie within the VHL. I am willing to put in the effort to show them I'm their #1 guy, that I can be their future and that I would love nothing more than to be a Viking for a long time to come. Once again, thank you so much for drafting me.

What's next for you (Blake Campbell)?

Currently I'm focusing on getting everything rounded out to 70. Agility, Rebound Control, Hand Speed and Size have now all hit that mark and I'm currently focusing my attention on how well I'm skating. I'm not the best skater and I think that's fairly important. However, I don't believe I'm going to work on this one all the way til 70. I might get it to 45 - 50 and then begin working on my reaction time which is also very low right now. I hope my works pays off and I can help Brampton make a strong run this season and hopefully come out on top!

1p7dYDC.gif

891 words - 2 pics.

Content: 3/3 - Don't we all get Blake Campbell in our hearts? Seriously though, was hoping you wouldn't end up same conference as me, but it's going to be an excellent goalie battle all season. Like that 7-5 game we just played. Wait...

Grammar: 2/2 - Just a few things here, mostly apostrophes.

lot's = lots

seasons junior dispersal = season's junior dispersal

Something I rarely seen = Something I rarely saw (also, that sentence is a fragment)

til = until

Presentation: 1/1 - Yessir.

Total: 6/6