[S48] -- (S42) D- Chuck Goody

Gooningitup

17 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Except he became an inactive free agent because Toronto didn't re-sign him. So unreality they have a right to offer him a FA deal.

True story. Molholt only offered an extension yesterday, which is when FA opened. So technically he's fair game, I'd say.

@Nike @Molholt

14 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

True story. Molholt only offered an extension yesterday, which is when FA opened. So technically he's fair game, I'd say.

@Nike @Molholt

Ok?

He agreed to my offer. You want me to post it somewhere else to appease you? Don't see why that matters but if its the appearance you need, you can have it. 

4 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Ok?

He agreed to my offer. You want me to post it somewhere else to appease you? Don't see why that matters but if its the appearance you need, you can have it. 

Well, yes. Just in case he wasn't aware he had a right to free agency.

I'M JUST TRYING TO DO MY LEGAL DUE DILIGENCE, GAWD!

41 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Well IMO any free agent should have to sign here, even if it is just a formality.

I guess, but when the player is listed on my finances page, I assume I can offer him an extension there - at any point during the offseason, because even if it is in free agency, for my team, it is still an extension. If anyone else wanted to sign him, then they could do so through free agency.

6 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I guess, but when the player is listed on my finances page, I assume I can offer him an extension there - at any point during the offseason, because even if it is in free agency, for my team, it is still an extension. If anyone else wanted to sign him, then they could do so through free agency.

That's also a fair point. I assume the players are listed on the page because, traditionally, there's usually a few days from when the Finance pages are created and when FA begins. But I dunno. Probably something that could be clarified anyway.

Keep in mind in the NHL with their terms and legalities when a player is on a team and goes to free agency it is treated as a "New Contract" and not as a "Extension". Because technically an extension is signed while the player is still under contract. For finances it's easier this way I think.

• Will locked this topic