SITR: New York Americans dlamb S76 End of Season Interview

SITR: New York Americans dlamb S76 End of Season Interview

Host:   Welcome back! Thanks for tuning into VHL Network, Stick In The Rink! With the VHL S76 Finals underway and S76 coming to an end, we caught up with a special guest. Today, we found a chance to speak with the AGM of the VHL New York Americans, @dlamb!

Hello dlamb! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk with us today!

dlamb: Thank you for having me! It's always a pleasure to speak with you guys!

Host: I know you must be quite busy with the draft and offseason coming right around the corner. So let's begin, what are your thoughts on the New York Americans' season in S76? Did the team meet expectations and year-end goals?

dlamb: I don't think we had a ton of expectations, it was sort of a transition year with the main core and future of this team finally getting together. I think it was a solid season, and a building block for the future.

Host: Although it was a transition year and a season for your main core to build chemistry, what did you feel was the biggest surprise in S76? 

dlamb: For the Americans, it was definitely (Cowboy) Prout @Prout requesting a trade. That came out of left field, and I don't think anyone would have seen it coming. As for the VHL overall, it has to be the two expansion teams (Warsaw and Chicago) meeting in the finals.

Host: What are your thoughts toward the upcoming draft? Who looks to be top of the American's list for the draft? What are the team's needs for this draft?

dlamb: I don't want to say too much pre-draft, you never know who is listening. But I will say, we are definitely happy to be picking 4th in this draft, there is lots to like about the top end. The current team needs are definitely defense, so you may see us going there with that pick, but you never know who drops and who doesn't. 

Host: Fair enough, secrecy is important right before the draft. What are the team's objective this offseason? Drafting is an important part, but what about free agency? Is there a first priority and focus? Any in-coming trades?

dlamb: This looks to be one of the best Free Agent classes ever, so we are definitely planning to be active. Sometimes you have to spend some money to improve your roster, and we will be looking to do that. As for trades, again, I can't say too much, but there have been talks, but nothing concrete yet.

Host: And with $28.5 Million Cap Space, New York certainly have plenty of leeway and spending room! Defenseman Cowboy Prout asked for a trade and was traded. That's a big piece on the blueline! What's the plan for replacement moving forward?

dlamb: I agree, it hurt to lose him, he was part of the future. Alas, we have to move on, and there is no absolute plan to replace him yet, whether it be through the draft, free agency, or trade. Honestly, any of those are a possibility, we'll see how it shakes out.

Host:  After witnessing the surprising result for Rookie of the Year last season, and now having a better understanding toward the criteria. Who do you feel will be the Rookie of the Year for S76 in the VHL?

dlamb: Haha (dlamb calmly laughs) Yeah, I think you know who I would've voted for last season. I think New York American's own Red Lite @Tate and Chicken Wing @chikn are towards the top of the list, but you could also see one of those Riga rookies like Linus Zetterstrom @Ledge_and_Dairyor Cabe McJake @RedSus taking it. My vote would definitely be (Red) Lite.

Host: Yes, and both of New York's star rookies of S75 had terrific seasons in S76! What are the plans and goals for Season 77? What are the expectations for Season 77?

dlamb: After this offseason, I believe we are shooting for a playoff appearance. It's been too long for our team and the fans in this rebuilding stage, so it's finally time to break through and make a post-season appearance. I think our whole roster is on the same page with that.

Host: Great! Looking forward to it! Is there any parting words you want to give to the audience and the fans out there?

dlamb: Thank you for another opportunity for this interview, they're always a great time. New York American Fans, I hope you're ready, because this is going to be a fun season indeed. Of course, I have to end it with an obligatory #GONYA!

Host: Thank you for such a wonderful interview dlamb! We hope to have you come on again in the future! Best of luck in the draft and free agency, and the upcoming season!

[Total word count 819]

Not sure who this dlamb guy is, but he did a pretty good interview I would say. Interesting idea for a press conference media spot that interviews someone else, as opposed to your own self/player. Will be interesting to see how the Americans do in the future. 9/10 article