(S78) RW - Alexander Rivers, TPE: 48

DrummerBoy15

Welcome to the league @DrummerBoy15!

Due to the weird timing if your creation you won't be in the upcoming VHLM draft tonight, but you'll be able to sign with any team once it concludes 🥳!

Until the offers start rolling in later, feel free to DM me on here or discord (rory#1453) if you have any questions!

4 minutes ago, DrummerBoy15 said:

I came from the sister leagues. How does this work? It seems very different from EFL/SBA?

Yeah the creation and joining a team is a little different from the EFL and SBA but once you're on a team and playing it becomes more similar. Essentially you're just on the team you sign with tonight for the season, and then you're entered into both the majors draft and the minors draft. Once you hit the cap of 250 you promote in the off-season, until then you play with the VHLM team that drafts you.

Updating your player is pretty easy for affiliates, just go to the manage page on the portal, claim capped, and link your affiliate PT. Welfare + practice facility (essentially development) are just buttons you click.

1 minute ago, DrummerBoy15 said:

When are updates?

The updates get approved throughout the week and you can apply the TPE when it gets approved, and the deadline is sunday

Welcome @DrummerBoy15 happy to see you here! I think I've seen you in the other leagues as I'm currently still active in SBA and was very invested in the first decade of EFL.

I am currently the GM of the Mexico City Kings and we are just waiting on the waiver period to open before all of us GMs can start sending offers out.

If you have any questions please reach out and I am very excited to see you start your players journey here!

1 hour ago, Advantage said:

Welcome @DrummerBoy15 happy to see you here! I think I've seen you in the other leagues as I'm currently still active in SBA and was very invested in the first decade of EFL.

I am currently the GM of the Mexico City Kings and we are just waiting on the waiver period to open before all of us GMs can start sending offers out.

If you have any questions please reach out and I am very excited to see you start your players journey here!

what skills do the VHL value. For example, speed is very important in the EFL and SBA.

what skills do the VHL value. For example, speed is very important in the EFL and SBA.

Defense is #1, followed by scoring, puck handling, and skating. 

After that it depends on what type of player you're building. Checking if you want to hit more, strength is good if you have points to put into it. Passing is pretty controversial in that some people think it's garbage and some think it's okay. Faceoffs are good for centers and you might want to get some as a winger, discipline is very meh, has limited effect on penalties but you might want to put some points into it. 

Fighting only makes you fight more, doesn't make you better at it (strength does)

Penalty shot has limited effect, not really worth it in the M

Leadership is worthless

Hey there @DrummerBoy15 ! Welcome to the VHL. I’m thadthrasher, the General Manager of the San Diego Marlins! We’re glad to have you here, and are definitely interested in adding you to our roster.

We know that the league can be a lot to take on at first, but that’s why we are here! We’re here to show you the ropes, help you learn, and push you to excel!

If you’d like to come to a great team, with a great locker room then do this…

Quote this message and say #MarlinsTerritory!

dhRDkZ8yA9tdI_u0r32HGRqfQzzfZsnf64pJJLtYWPApqDvEQf47vUtnVom9YqPoXnOrsCySzgRNcPLZ-hddQcfBpJtp5_udGaxPoIldPDu8uAXMi-IjnVg7OYxCBTQBGPdzKlIj

Hey @DrummerBoy15! I'm the Assistant GM of the Saskatoon Wild and we would be happy to have you on our team. We just assembled our team in the draft and we're excited to compete this season.

We would be able to offer you third line minutes, as we have 2 full lines due to the draft.

If Saskatoon sounds like the right place for you, simply quote this post and say "SaskyUp"

I'm the GM of the Halifax 21st by the way. I can offer you a spot on the 3rd line but theirs an opportunity to move up to the 2nd if you earn well enough! 

To join Halifax, quote this and say BOAT GANG! ⚓

Hello There You future VHL Stud,

I’m rjfryman GM of the Houston Bulls, So you may be wondering why should I sign with Houston. The truth is that after the last cup attempt our team is pretty bear but we have plenty of space for your player to join the team, learn the system and fight for more time. We will have a completive team this season and enjoy a good double entendre get your horns up, quote this message to accept this offer and join us on our for the playoffs.
In Houston we have the humor, we have the fire, we have the talent and passion. Now all we need is you 

#HornsUp

Hey again @DrummerBoy15 now that we can officially talk.  This is the Mexico City Kings GM looking to acquire your valuable services to play in our top six and get lots of minutes and opportunity.

We have a fun team and despite experiencing lots of change this offseason we are looking to field as active a team as possible and I think you'd be a tremendous acquisition for us!

If you like the idea of that and joining the defending Champions, quote this message and say #KingsoftheWorld

Wait so if I am understanding correctly, according to the rules, I can sign with any team I want, but Ill still be entered for next draft, and then I have to leave the team I signed for to the one who drafts me next season?

@Advantage@rory@rjfryman@a_Ferk@thadthrasher

Correct. This season you'll be given a 1 season contract then enter the draft!

If you have any further questions you can DM me on Discord!

xTHADTHRASHERx#6217

17 hours ago, Advantage said:

Hey again @DrummerBoy15 now that we can officially talk.  This is the Mexico City Kings GM looking to acquire your valuable services to play in our top six and get lots of minutes and opportunity.

We have a fun team and despite experiencing lots of change this offseason we are looking to field as active a team as possible and I think you'd be a tremendous acquisition for us!

If you like the idea of that and joining the defending Champions, quote this message and say #KingsoftheWorld

#KingsoftheWorld