Edition 41

boubabi

Let me know if it's a bit overkill but I was also going to write about the Lynx.  "Why The Lynx Will Win the VHLM Cup"

Go ahead, mine literally has nothing to do with the Lynx besides their potential picks.

you are here you silly ^^

I am. In fact, I was on the site the day of the last deadline, trying to come up with an idea for an article, when I noticed you'd posted it about 3 hours earlier. Obviously scrapped it at that point.

It was weird, because how I interpret a deadline (and how the journalism world on the whole interprets a deadline) is that if I post something at any point on that day, it should count. If you're going to put up the mag early on the day of the deadline, the deadline should be the previous day. If the deadline for this one is the 24th, I should be able to post at any point on the 24th and not have to worry about it already being up, same as the last one where the deadline was the 17th. If you say you need it by the 17th, and I come on to write it on the 17th, it should be valid up to 11:59 unless there's a different time stated. If you're going to put it up in the middle of the day on the 17th, make the deadline the 16th, or the 17th with a time specification.

It's things like this that made me stop doing VHLM Mag the last time. When I was on VHL Mag, it was clear everything was due by a certain point on a certain day. Now that I'm on here, there have been times where I've assumed I was fine because I've thought "he can't possibly put up 37 yet, he hasn't put up 36 and I wrote for that, so obviously I don't need to write for 37 yet" and then you'll put up multiple ones at once and lock me out. Same was true for 32, I had an article sitting there for 31 and you hadn't put up 31, so I figured I was fine, then you put both up at the same time. It's not how something like this needs to run. Set deadlines (with maybe a reasonable leeway of an hour or two for emergencies) not putting it up when you feel like it and 2-3 ones at a time.

Yea, I understand that. My own consistency with my computers hasn't help the VHLM mag recently. But you've missed a couple edition too. Like I said, I've been very inconsistent too recently so that doesn't help you either but since I'm the mag editor, I cannot wait infinite time to have my articles ready, I have a really short period of time to edit this (and it takes time obviously since I need to find the pictures + I need to do the cover (That's basically 3 jobs in the VHL Mag) and thats pissed me off a bit but it's my fault because I didn't help my team at all. 

Now, I have my computer ready so I can edit the Mag on a precise day so everyone is on the same line.

But like I said, I cannot wait for anyone.

Yea, I understand that. My own consistency with my computers hasn't help the VHLM mag recently. But you've missed a couple edition too. Like I said, I've been very inconsistent too recently so that doesn't help you either but since I'm the mag editor, I cannot wait infinite time to have my articles ready, I have a really short period of time to edit this (and it takes time obviously since I need to find the pictures + I need to do the cover (That's basically 3 jobs in the VHL Mag) and thats pissed me off a bit but it's my fault because I didn't help my team at all. 

Now, I have my computer ready so I can edit the Mag on a precise day so everyone is on the same line.

But like I said, I cannot wait for anyone.

Yeah I get that, and if it's on a set day moving forward we'll no longer have issues, especially if you don't just randomly post two of them at the same time.

true, true

but I need to be aware that you saw the topic so I know that you prepare something. héhé

Happy to see you back tho, you do really interesting articles.

Edited by boubabi