GREISSY'S CORNER (Media Spot Series)

ThatsGreissy

Welcome to the first episode of GREISSY’S CORNER. It’s only fitting that for the first episode I tell you a bit about what GREISSY’S CORNER is before we get into the action. Every week or two I will be posting a media spot that focuses on issues and league related topics and then diving into them a bit deeper. Some things GREISSY’S CORNER will include are:

•    Player and personnel interviews
•    Player breakdowns
•    League drama and antics
•    Game analysis
•    And much more!

This is new to me, and I haven’t historically been a great writer or story teller, so any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated! I am always open to suggestions. Furthermore, if there is a topic, you’d like for me to cover in future episodes, feel free to PM me on here at “Thatsgreissy” or on discord at Bastian Greiss#1693. 

Now, lets get into this week’s topic…..

I’m here to try to answer the question that’s on everyone’s minds, “What’s going on with the Mexico City Kings?” How can a team go from winning the Founders Cup one season, and then end up at the bottom of the league the very next season? While to the outside world it seems like they’re just a rundown team with unskilled players, it actually goes far deeper than that. See, I wouldn’t say that Mexico City is lacking skill, because in truth, they have some very bright players that are putting up some impressive numbers; instead, it comes down to two things:

1.    Tired Players
2.    Lack of goaltending

A major issue that Mexico City has run into this season is their roster size. Mexico City only has 6 Forwards, 1 defenceman and 1 goalie, who might I add, was only added to the roster recently. If you take a look at the roster sizes for the other teams, there is only 1 other team with a roster with less than 10 players (Ottawa Lynx), and there are two teams with 20 players. Having fewer players on your roster may give players more ice time, but without a full roster, players are forced to play longer than they can handle, and once their energy burns off, there’s no one to replace them so they are forced to stay on the ice well after they have burnt out. 

The second issue, that have plagued the Mexico City Kings this season is the lack of goaltending, and no, I’m not saying Bastian Greiss isn’t a good goaltender, because truthfully, so far, he has out-performed everybody’s expectations; I’m saying, up until game 33, Mexico City didn’t have a goaltender. Without a reliable goaltender, it is not only hard for a team to stay motivated, but it’s also hard to focus on putting the puck in the net when you’re constantly forced to put your focus on defence to bail out whatever sub-par fill in goalie you have to deal with. Before the addition of Bastian Greiss to the roster, Mexico City only had 2 wins, since Greiss stepped in, Mexico City has won 6 out of their last 17 games. 

So, I’ll leave you with this question… 

Do the Mexico City Kings have a chance to catch up in the tail end of this season, or have the reigning champs been de-throned?

Thanks for tuning in to this week’s instalment of GREISSY’S CORNER, 

see ya on the ice.

8 hours ago, Darth Kaprizov said:

How many games until the playoffs start?

April 29th, so not a ton more