What should I spend my new players TPE on???

Passing kinda sucks, the better focus is defense/scoring as primaries and then puck handling/skating as secondaries, and then like strength/passing/checking (if you really want it) as third options

It depends on what kind of player Mr. Appleweed is. If he's focused on scoring goals and getting points, I would say Scoring then Skating/Puck Handling should be your highest stats. If you're wanting more of a power forward, you could put a little more of a focus on Strength and Checking.

Overall, Scoring and Skating is always a safe combo. I wouldn't entirely neglect Passing or Defence in any of these scenarios either though.

Also, I've been gone for three years and I don't even have a player yet, so take this all with a grain of salt!

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

It depends on what kind of player Mr. Appleweed is. If he's focused on scoring goals and getting points, I would say Scoring then Skating/Puck Handling should be your highest stats. If you're wanting more of a power forward, you could put a little more of a focus on Strength and Checking.

Overall, Scoring and Skating is always a safe combo. I wouldn't entirely neglect Passing or Defence in any of these scenarios either though.

Also, I've been gone for three years and I don't even have a player yet, so take this all with a grain of salt!

In the intervening 3 years we have mostly learned that passing should stay a good bit behind scoring in most cases and, more importantly, Defense is SUPER important, even for a forward.

33 minutes ago, Beketov said:

In the intervening 3 years we have mostly learned that passing should stay a good bit behind scoring in most cases and, more importantly, Defense is SUPER important, even for a forward.

I know at least on the theoretical/mechanical side of things, Passing and Defence contribute to the “pass, shoot, or carry” logic of each player, with Defence being the secondary contributor.

So I can see how boosting Defence, and getting a more minor bump to the pass logic while still reaping whatever technical benefits one gets from Defence would be quite helpful.