Introducing the Victory Fighting Federation

McWolf

The departure of Beaviss from the VHL means a lot of things for folks around.  The Vancouver Wolves lost their General Manager, the VHL lost one of its commissioners. More importantly, it means that we, as a community, lost the only member that kept track of the Unofficial VHL World Heavyweight Champions. As you can see from the original thread that goes for almost 2 complete pages, the VHL World Heavyweight Championship was a huge hit back in the late 60’s to early 70’s. With its biased set of rules and lack of updates, what was there not to like?

But Beaviss left the VHL altogether and he took what was left of the fist-fighting event with him. Fans were obviously angry, furious. Where will they go for updates on VHL fighting, on who is the current undisputed champion? Well, look no further! The VHL World Heavyweight Championship may be gone (RIP 2020-2020), but there’s a new player in the VHL pro boxing business: the Victory Fighting Federation. Sure, Continental Cups and other awards are important, but we know what the fans really want to see when they go check out a VHL game: they want to see two hombres strip down to the bare minimum and go mano-a-mano until one of them falls down and can’t get up. Or maybe they get back up but they’re all dizzy. That’s what gets the fans screaming, goals are secondary.

The VFF will work similarly to Beaviss' old project, with players fighting in the sim for the title of VFF champion. When a champion gets into a fight, the winner of that fight will become the new champion - meaning either the champion keeps their title by winning or drawing, or the challenger wins and snatches the title of VFF champion. I’ll try to make regular updates about champions defending their titles and challengers gearing up for their next bouts, maybe even set up interviews with the most promising challengers if players are into it. We can set a running thread with a list of past champions, how many times each of them successfully defended their titles, how many times some players failed to challenge for the title, and so on. We’re bringing glory back to the art of punching on skates.

The Rules

1. Anyone who defeats the current VFF champion in a fight in a VHL regular season or playoff game will become the new titleholder. Preseason and tournaments don’t count.

2. If the current champion fights to a draw, it will keep its title.

3. The title of VFF champion will be made vacant if the current champion isn’t on a team at the start of a season, either because it retired or is still a free agent.

4. The title of VFF champion will be made vacant if the current champion doesn’t get into a single fight for exactly 20 games. We want to keep it interesting. No one wants this to die again, and not having any update in multiple seasons in a row is a recipe for disaster.

5. If the title is vacant, the winner of the next fight will be the new champion.

The Victory Fighting Federation will start on the opening day of Season 78. Get ready to drop the gloves and snatch them belts. The winner of the first fight of the season will be crowned our first ever VFF undisputed champion.

Edited by McWolf

On 5/1/2021 at 3:47 PM, Banackock said:

plz hire me

#VFC

On 5/1/2021 at 4:59 PM, Spence King said:

Same !

What unpaid job do you guys want?

18 minutes ago, McWolf said:

What unpaid job do you guys want?

Lightweight, middleweight and heavy weight Belts ? I'll help with the tracking and media spots covering the title fights !

1 hour ago, Spence King said:

Lightweight, middleweight and heavy weight Belts ? I'll help with the tracking and media spots covering the title fights !

I thought about having multiple categories, but I don't know how I'd separate them tbh.