Early Victory Fighting Federation Favourites

McWolf

The Victory Fighting Federation will begin its activities in a couple weeks, on the opening day of Season 78. Until then, I figured it would be interesting to look at some players who could be favourites to hold the title of VFF Champion at some point in the upcoming season. From players who historically have gotten into a lot of fights, down to some dark horses that might not be as eager to drop the gloves, but that know how to get it done once they get into a bout.

Riley Knight Gee, Prague Phantoms

@KnightRiley

Riley Knight Gee is the first player on the list, thanks to his league-leading 6 wins in Season 77. He did get into 4 more fights, but only ended up with blood and snow on his face once. If he does get the belt at some point - and I’m guessing very early on in the season - he could legitimately carry it until the very end of the season. He gets into enough fights to not get disgraced after not taking part in any for 20 straight games, and he wins or at least draws often enough that it seems like it would be hard to take the title away from him. Watch out for this one.

Jared Carter, Riga Reign

@jaredc7

I’m not trying to diminish the actual hockey talent of our second favourite, but Jared Carter is a goon by definition. The Season 77 rookie scored a lowly 2 points - both assists - playing a very limited time every night, but he did get into 6 scraps, winning 4 of them. He’s rarely on the ice, but when he is, he’s looking forward to dropping the gloves and throwing opponents to the ground. If the rest of his game grows, as you’d expect for a sophomore, he should commend more time on ice and have more opportunities to take the VFF belt.

Randy Marsh, Malmo Nighthawks

@oilmandan

Randy Marsh is our third favourite. He might not strike fans as an actual favourite, due to him eating ice on 4 different occasions last season, but he did get involved in a league-high 14 fights. Only 1 of them resulted in a win, but all you need is to win one against the right opponent to be a VFF Champion. I doubt Marsh would hold the title for a long time, especially if he keeps getting outpunched by everyone out there, but that still makes him a favourite to be a Champion at some point of the season - and one of the most likely to get into multiple title fights, whether he wins them or not.

Rusty Knale, London United

@HatrickRoy

Our fourth and last player on the list is none other than VHL sophomore Rusty Knale. He has a knack for dropping the mitts - and he usually makes it count - as demonstrated by his 5 wins in 9 total fights last season. In fact, Knale only trailed Knight Gee in wins, and he was comfortably in the 4th spot when it came to overall fights. And he did all that as a rookie, so it'll be fun to see how the experience and growth he gets from playing his second VHL season affect his fighting tendencies.

Edited by McWolf

Watch Taro get into one fight, win it, and then never fight again. I need to keep the tradition going.

47 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Watch Taro get into one fight, win it, and then never fight again. I need to keep the tradition going.

once per career