Jokinen coming to VHLM

jRuutu

lakeland.jpg

Erlantz Jokinen is coming to VHLM! Or that is the plan right now. Playing in Finland could have been a decent option and we kept that door open as long as possible, but at the end of the day, moving to North America is the smartest thing to do. Especially as I'm hoping to get drafted in the VHL draft after the upcoming season. The scouts don't have to travel as much, and with these weird Covid times, who knows how many scouts would even travel to Finland to watch me play? I have a great agent, and we talked this through. I'm happy that this journey is finally starting.

I don't know how long it will take before you see me play in a VHLM game, but I'm optimistic that some team out there needs an offensive defenseman. I'm not going to pretend that I'm a finished product, but I think I have clear strengths that could benefit some teams. At the same time, I have weaknesses that I'm hoping to work on during my time in VHLM. In the ideal world, I will find a team and place that is a solid fit for all parties. I get to play a lot and improve as a player. As I hopefully play well, the team that took me in is that much closer to winning games and maybe even the championship!

kcCoQlq.png

The name Jokinen carries some weight in VHL. Many defenders named Jokinen have made this exact same journey. They came over from Finland and made it all the way to VHL. That is what I want to do. Am I related to any of those players? Do I know them? Yes and no, no and yes. Those are both answers that could be used, but I don't know. I'm just a player, who is here to play.

When I think about the VHL draft. The draft is both scary and exciting. Scary, because a lot is on the draft. Do I get drafted? If I do, to what team? Those are both huge questions and points that can dramatically affect my career. If I don't get drafted, I might have to go back to Finland. If I get drafted by a team that doesn't have space for me, I might not get to play in VHL anytime soon.

However, the draft is also exciting. The idea of getting drafted and getting into a VHL team gives me the energy and fuel to keep going. When I have a bad day or things are not going as well as they could, all I have to do is think about the price at the end of the hard work.

Anyways, hopefully, I get signed to a solid VHLM team where I get to play a lot. That is the only way I can show my skills to any scouts watching. Playing a lot is also the only way you can truly improve as a player. Practice and real games are almost like night and day. I'm going to carefully analyze every and any offer that is presented to me in order to minimize any ''what if's'' in the future.

39 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

lakeland.jpg

Erlantz Jokinen is coming to VHLM! Or that is the plan right now. Playing in Finland could have been a decent option and we kept that door open as long as possible, but at the end of the day, moving to North America is the smartest thing to do. Especially as I'm hoping to get drafted in the VHL draft after the upcoming season. The scouts don't have to travel as much, and with these weird Covid times, who knows how many scouts would even travel to Finland to watch me play? I have a great agent, and we talked this through. I'm happy that this journey is finally starting.

I don't know how long it will take before you see me play in a VHLM game, but I'm optimistic that some team out there needs an offensive defenseman. I'm not going to pretend that I'm a finished product, but I think I have clear strengths that could benefit some teams. At the same time, I have weaknesses that I'm hoping to work on during my time in VHLM. In the ideal world, I will find a team and place that is a solid fit for all parties. I get to play a lot and improve as a player. As I hopefully play well, the team that took me in is that much closer to winning games and maybe even the championship!

kcCoQlq.png

The name Jokinen carries some weight in VHL. Many defenders named Jokinen have made this exact same journey. They came over from Finland and made it all the way to VHL. That is what I want to do. Am I related to any of those players? Do I know them? Yes and no, no and yes. Those are both answers that could be used, but I don't know. I'm just a player, who is here to play.

When I think about the VHL draft. The draft is both scary and exciting. Scary, because a lot is on the draft. Do I get drafted? If I do, to what team? Those are both huge questions and points that can dramatically affect my career. If I don't get drafted, I might have to go back to Finland. If I get drafted by a team that doesn't have space for me, I might not get to play in VHL anytime soon.

However, the draft is also exciting. The idea of getting drafted and getting into a VHL team gives me the energy and fuel to keep going. When I have a bad day or things are not going as well as they could, all I have to do is think about the price at the end of the hard work.

Anyways, hopefully, I get signed to a solid VHLM team where I get to play a lot. That is the only way I can show my skills to any scouts watching. Playing a lot is also the only way you can truly improve as a player. Practice and real games are almost like night and day. I'm going to carefully analyze every and any offer that is presented to me in order to minimize any ''what if's'' in the future.

Nice job mate. I like what you did. Good luck with your carreer.

In the end this will get a solid 8\10.