Season begins

Greg_Di

image.jpeg.28c3dc4df24987a70c0fc11ee2f21800.jpeg

The season for Tom Eagles and the Calgary Wranglers started yesterday and the team is off to a great start.

Game 1: Calgary vs DC
In the first game the Wranglers played the DC Dragons and convincingly won 5-2. The Wranglers were outshot 45-37 but Goalie, Vsevolod Askarov @Gooningitup, kept the team in the game with an amazing performance. Andrew Su ( @Da_Berr) and Nathan Perry ( @tinafrombobsburgers) had huge games which helped clinch the deal for Calgary.

As for Tom Eagles, he had a very uneventful game to start the season. He finished with a +2, 1 shot on net, 4 hits and 1 shot blocked. Tom was expecting more from himself and he definitely felt a little disappointed after the game.

" I am happy that the team won but not happy with my performance" said Tom, " I want to contribute more offensively this season and take more shots on net, so 1 shot in 27 minutes is just not going to cut it. I have to improve and look forward to getting better as the season goes along"

Game 2: Calgary vs LA

In the second game, Calgary did not fare so well as they fell 4-1 to Los Angeles. This was a rough game for the whole team as once again they were outshot 43-27 but this time their offense was nowhere to be seen. LA was just to good in this game and some off-season rust was showing for a few Calgary players. They seemed exhausted from the previous game and will need some time to regain full season stamina.

Tom Eagles once again had a disappointing game going -1 with 1 shot and 1 hit.

" That's two games in a row where I only took one shot and didn't really contribute much to the team offensively and defensively" Tom said, " I have to figure things out, I know its still very early in the season but this is my worst start in my career. I need to be able to contribute to have a successful season"

Game 3: Calgary vs Toronto
The third game was a high scoring affair with Calgary winning 6-4. For the first time this season Calgary outshot their opponents 43-32 and many players contributed to the teams second win of the season.

Cowboy Prout ( @Prout)had a breakout game with 4 points and leading the team to the victory. His playmaking abilities were on full display as he assisted on 3 of the teams goals. 

Tom Eagles also had his breakout game defensively as he had 8 big hits and 6 shots blocked. He also contributed offensively with 1 goal and 1 assist.

" This is what I expect every night from myself. Played well defensively as well as contributing on the offensive side" Said Tom, " I have worked hard in the off-season and I guess it just took me 3 games to get into the swing of things. I expect better from myself going forward but this is definitely a good sign from me. I am also very happy with the way the team has started the season. We are gelling well and from early signs I think this is going to be one hell of a season for Calgary"

Edited by Greg_Di

9/10

This article is very good, i like the fact that you mixed the descrption of the games and the commentary of the player. Each part of your text is very well separated, so it makes it very easy to read.